You are here

Things I hate about being in a blended family

Jellybeam's picture

I hate a lot of things about being in a blended family...

1. I hate that there is a BM. The minor child is only 11, so I will be putting up with the baby-mamma drama for a long time to come. And I could easily list 10 different reasons why I hate that b*tch.

2. I hate my Dh's "failure to parent" parenting style-it doesn't work well with my very involved (in my BD's life), hands-on parenting style.

3. I hate all the extra housework being in a blended family causes. Things were so simple when it was just me and BD.

4. Oh sh*t, the list could go on forever.

emotionaly beat up's picture

I think all of your list could be cut down to one thing and one thing alone. Your husband. His failure to be a husband first and teach his children and ex he will not tolerate any disrespect towards you. His fear of being a father to his children, cause hell, if he says no, they might not talk to him. His idea that being your child's BFF is being a great dad.

sterlingsilver's picture

For me it's the extra house work. I trained my kids from very young to put trash into the can, rinse dishes, do laundry or at least get it into the hamper, wipe the toilet if you sprinkle, make your bed, hang up your towel, help out with chores as you see the need, etc (the list could go on...) but DH and his spawn are the world's worst slobs. One thing that bugs me most is candy wrappers just never make it into the garbage and they love candies with wrappers. Also things like they will make hot chocolate or Raman or something, and crunch up the package and toss it into the corner on the counter instead of just turn and toss it into the trash can. Seriously. Crazy.

Sweetjennygirl's picture

This is totally my biggest peeve!!! SLOBS they are.

I just enjoyed having two days with no kids in the house. Quiet, clean. 10 minutes ago, her car pulls up and she dumps them off, NO WARNING whatsoever, just dumps and leaves. And now my house is becoming a total wreck again. Noisey chaotic MESS!!!

When my kids arrive home, nothing will change. They will take their things to their rooms, laundry will be put in hampers, they will blend seamlessly, self entertain, and be able to independently care for themselves....

*ugh* drives me out of my ever-lovin MIND!!!

queenofthedamned's picture

I hate the extra housework too. I have no kids of my own, so it bugs the hell out of me that these kids won't do a damned thing for themselves. Hell, skid2 - who is a great kid in all other aspects - can't seem to remember to lift the fucking toilet seat up. We have 1 bathroom, and I walk into a pissy mess all the time. I don't clean it anymore though - he does.

FDH is TRYING to be on them more to live in a civilized manner, but he is a neanderthal himself who often doesn't notice the shit they do.

Shook's picture

My Top 4:

1. Crazy BM
2. Court
3. Damaged Skid from Crazy BM I have to fight for in Court
4. Not running when I had the chance years ago before I had all the problems of Crazy BM, Damaged Skid & Court for both Crazy BM & Damaged Skid.

The extra housework, I can have someone else do. Not much I can do about the Crazy BM, Court & Damaged Skid--not even a housekeeper in need of a green card would want this mess.

ltman's picture

Queen, you expecting a 2yo to remember to lift the toilet seat? You're waaaayyyyy off. Be glad he's already potty trained. Lol

hippiegirl's picture

I gotta agree with BLM's # 3....paying these worthless BMs hundreds of dollars a month to ruin her kids. Hundreds of dollars, I might add, that would have come in handy for my family, while we struggled for almost 20 years! Thank God they're adults now and that $hit is over!

dacejk60's picture

Well let me tell you what I love about it,( cuz that's how I roll, all positive and up beat baby) So here goes:

What i love about blended family life

1. NADA

2. ZILCH

Oh wait, hey maybe i do like this one,,,oh nvrmnd, hate that too.

Smile

meganfishermann's picture

i can relate to this story. my wife has a step-father also. however, my wife doesn't have any half-brother or half-sister as her mother was already in her late 40 when she married again. but my wife has step-brother and step-sister which are the children of her step-father from his first marriage. now, the issue is the relatives that surrounds us. almost all the children of my wife step-father lives in the same compound and it can't get away with those sharp eyes or tiger looks that can almost melt a hardened iron. sometimes it's really annoying to live in this place.

pinterest get followers