You are here

update on SS going to jail

Bdmnrizn's picture

Hello so Im back and this is a update to my SS being taken to jail and DH wanting to drop charges! The judge did grant me a restaining order for 3 years ( even though DH did want one!)SS stayed in jail for about 1 month and 1/2 court date came and now he was given a strike on his record and 3 strikes your out! Since he took the strike he was let out of jail, but since then he has returned to jail at least four more times not to my doing but his own not checking in with probation officer, tested dirty and
living in a home that people just had moved out of. I mean when is this person ever going to grow up??? All I know is that he will not be coming around me or my house for 3 years and Im more then happy for that!!!Yes of course he still calls his dad and dad still takes him money where ever he is but thats DH problem, as long as its not coming out of my checking account!So for now I feel blessed and can rest at ease, but 3 years will fly by Im sure then what all over again?? The saga will never end until that SS grows up and changes his way!

Rags's picture

Or gets three strikes which will resolve your problem quite nicely.

Good luck and take care of yourself.

Orange County Ca's picture

OMG Daddy takes the kid money knowing he's using drugs? That's insane. Doesn't he know the kid will quit some day? Either he'll get tried of being sick and tired or he'll die before age 40 which is the statistical average. Daddy is helping him buy drugs, might as well drive to the supplier himself.

Even taking him food or lodging frees up ill gotten/begged money to buy drugs so every dollar Daddy spends or gives on his behalf in effect is used to buy drugs. That's insane.

I'm glad he's smart enough to respect the order - so far anyway.

Elizabeth's picture

My DH does this. He KNOWS SD20 drinks alcohol (A LOT) and uses illegal drugs and abuses prescription drugs. So she gives him a sob story about needing money and he gives it to her, then I see her posting online about her weekend out drinking. I told him if he really thinks she's starving, give her a gift card to Walmart but don't hand her cash to fuel her addictions. He doesn't listen to me.