You are here

Adult step kids, ex wifes and sister in laws from hell.

Janey1970's picture

Can there really be anything more draining than living with the constant hassle from one or all of the above?

My life seems to be one long round of tension. We seem to just emerge from one horrible experience from the sister in law, then the idiot ex wife raises its ugly head. And with Christmas on the horizon, well I feel like it's all set to kick off again with the astoundingly selfish and loudmouth sd's. I honestly think they all plot and deliberately take it in turns to throw as much sh%+&! our way as they possibly can.

No one else I know has all 3 to contend with and I feel like even the petty, silly little things normal couples bicker about (i.e. like who's putting the kettle on) are becoming too much to bear.

Oh I think I must be pre-menstrual..

dianalg's picture

Oh I have the same problem also, my fiances sister is bossy, over bearen, and knows everything. She insulted me on my fiances voice mail, actually insulted my three yr old sweet grand daughter. Asked my fiance doesn't that kid have parents, yes she does, and i asked them if i could have her for the week before xmas. This was a whole drama and I wont go into all of it, but the two ss are no better. I actually have learned to just try and ignore them. And, their mother is a stalker so I can relate and go on all night but I wont. I will spare you the gorey details of this saga, I have to go to bed and work in the morning so the nineteen yr. old can lay in bed and then get up and play x box and eat til he pukes.

Janey1970's picture

Well, you won't believe it. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, the oldest sd has left the house she and her 2 children shared with her grubby, drunken bf and has managed to get a house about 1 mile from us!!

She doesn't give a damn about the way she drags her kids from pillar to post, giving them no consistency in their lives and throwing them out to anyone at all prepared to babysit for a few days. Just so long as she can get out drinking with her latest squeeze. Then when it all goes wrong, just uproot them again and blunder on to some new disaster waiting to happen.

Those 2 children have witnessed so much fighting and arguments in their home, they are already unhappy and lashing out. I hate the whole damn situation. And now it's on our doorstep...Watch this space folks!

LizzieA's picture

OMG, Janey, I had the same thing going on. I swear they took turns to have a crisis, cause problems, be jerks. I have 3 SILS, a BM and two SKs, now 16 and 20. It's hard not to get sucked in and try to "fix" things. We moved far far away and that has helped greatly. Of course, not an option for most people!

How is your DH handling it? He is the one who needs to set boundaries as far as how much you will be involved, like babysitting the GSKIDs for days on end. Ugh!
Hugs to you!

Janey1970's picture

I feel my DH always seems to take the easy option when we are called upon to babysit as he always uses the fact that I am working, so it's not convenient. Thus the sd becomes peed off with me.

He has done this from the word go in our relationship and it has caused enormous arguments. For some reason, he just cannot bear to upset his two darling daughters by telling them exactly what he thinks. He always wants to be seen as the good guy. If only he realised how difficult it makes life for me. And reading other people's problems, this seems to be a common theme.

dianalg's picture

What do you do when the fiance is so passive, even tells his sister about our sex life. I am so devastated and hurt. I have cryed for three days. My fiances sister has tryed to brainwash her brother and turn him against me. She told me i will never be a part of her family. I am so glad she lives in california and we live in maine. She is incurragable and a wacko. She has no kids and no husband and is fifty, so she needs to get a life, shes a bitch, and she looks like a transvestite, id love to tell her that one. My fiance was hardly speaking to me until i confronted him about all of this now he has opened up and talking about it. She was brainwashing him against me. She also text message me 27 times day before yesterday to just be ignorant and rude. What should I do, i feel like i am living in a fish bowl.

dianalg's picture

goforit: Thank you so much for your advice and kind words, I dont get many of them. Tonight i feel so beaten down that i wish i could go to sleep and never wake up. Nothing about me matters, not that I get woke up at night, not anything about me, i understand he has kids but he allows them and his sister to be so disrespectful to me. I cannot afford to move out right now. I am going to try and save some money, but thats not easy either, I have bills here to pay and god forbid the babies dont live like kings. But that sister just devastated me. I feel so alone and tired, and beaten down, he treats me like nothing about me is at all important. How can i change that?