You are here

Boyfriend favoring his own kids

ksprankle's picture

I need some advise, and also just to see if what I am experiencing is unusual. I am new to the site so please bear with me.

I have been in a relationship for the last 7 years, we are not married but have lived together for the last 4 years. I have 5 children and he has two children...We have main custody of all children.

I feel as if he favors his children...I expect that a little but not to the degree that he favors them over me and our family...I say our family because we are living as if we are married. The ages of my children are 8, 10, 11, 18, and 20...his children are 10 and 13.

His children do nothing wrong while mine do everything wrong. He buys his children everything. His 13 year old went on 2 vacations with friends this summer and wanted a new cell phone before she went (nothing wrong with the old one). She didnt get it...She came home from the vacations and said when am I going to get a guitar and start guitar lessons. She also still wanted her phone and whinied and complained about it. She pout for a few days in her room and she gets a new cell phone, a guitar and starts lessons. She already takes singing lessons as well.

He takes his children out to the game stores and book stores and buy them things without thinking of my children...Instead of coming home when he picks up the kids when he gets off work he takes HIS kids out to dinner while me and my kids are at home eating whatever...It just doesnt seem fair.

I think that we each need time alone with our children but I think it is just going to far. Not only that but I have never been able to go to any function of his kids (i.e. band concerts...etc.)I actually was invited to last years xmas concert (which was on my Bday) just to get a call that his 13 year old was upset that I was coming and if I went she wasnt going...Mine you there is no problem with our relationship...She just doesnt want for all of her friends to know that mommy and daddy are divorced.

Please help because I really dont think that I can do this anymore...which is really hard for me since my children are so close in this relationship