You are here

BM is throwing Halloween party and my bf is going over to help.

Mentalgirl48's picture

X is having a party tonight for boys 18 and 16 . She cannot wrap up party because she wants to go to an adult party this evening as well. So my bf has been asked to come over to wrap up her party and make sure everyone gets picked up and so on. I flipped out completely. I told him he needs to have her fucking wrap up her own party before she leaves.
Now he says to me that he wants to be a part of this party as a parent and is going over anyway and wants to cook as well. His argument is that he really wants to be a part of this thing and be there for boys..How can I possibly argue against thsy
Even though I know the fucking x wife is pulling his chain.

Mentalgirl48's picture

I am recovering from a hysterectomy and am really not up for that at all.

Mentalgirl48's picture

It's ended up in a terrible argument today. He's flaming pissed at me because I can't understand his need to be a part of it all regardless if he was never invited other than to pick up her slack. Bottom line is he's going to do it regardless how I feel. What makes me mad is that he's treated like a 2nd class citizen alot. His son wrecked his first car and Noone called dad to tell him about it
Dad just happened to find out from the other boy a week after it happened.
He's on a need to know basis with them. And is used alot. And he goes along with it for the "sake of his boys" who probably don't give a shit if he's at this party or not . I just asked him to leave and take his fucking frustration to his x wife as I refuse to be yelled at. Out the door he went. He'd back to work on the road tomorrow and I'm looking forward to being alone.

hereiam's picture

Isn't this the same guy who's ex comes on vacation with you guys every year?

They are way too enmeshed for a divorced couple. I don't know why you put up with it.

Mentalgirl48's picture

Yes

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

Well, eff that. That's all I have to say about that. Divorce means you're no longer together. They need to stop acting like they are.

princessmofo's picture

Agreed, Ghost. F*ck that f*cking sh*t! In fact I would take the opportunity to change the locks while he was gone and have a good ol'fashioned Halloween roast with his personal belongings. If this guy is going on vacations with his ex too, it's time to cut the cord. Walk away. No, scratch that... RUN AWAY from this man NOW.

Mentalgirl48's picture

He insists on being a part of it all because his dad was never there for him when his parents divorced.. Hmmmm.

Decade's picture

The idea I like best on here is go hang out with an ex tonight. Might not be the most constructive advice, but as PP have stated, if mom and dad are no longer together, there's no need for them to do things together (especially with grown ass kids nonetheless)