You are here

Wonder why SS 14 has an emotional age of 2...

rahrah2019's picture

If I had to guess, it's because he is still treated like a toddler by BM and DH. BGM just died (our lives are about to change, that I am sure of). SS14 stayed with BGM probably 95% of the time, mostly because she waited on him hand and foot and gave him everything he wanted, and oh yeah...bribed him to stay there with money. (Ever see that commercial with the kid calling his grandma on the phone to get him a soda? That's MY SS!!) And since BM thinks SS should never have to do anything that he doesn't want to, he took advantage of the situation.

BM also lost her job a couple months ago for stealing money. When that happened, DH was running through things that may change. He mentioned we may have to contribute more for child care after school. Me: :? "Ummm, no, this is where I will draw the line. My money is not going to child care for a high schooler. Furthermore, she doesn't have a job, how about she watch him?" Now BGM dies, and he says it again, about someone to watch SS after school. I again remind him he's in high school.

So yesterday, we are at BGM's funeral. We are out in the cemetery and DH says, "Hey, look over at SS, looks like he's getting a mustache." I did not miss a beat, "Yeah, and you want to get him a babysitter." DH is clueless to the fact that this child is nearly a grown man. They both treat him like a toddler. In fact, we went out to eat with DH's mom and dad (FIL did the service, he is a retired preacher), and right before we sat down to eat, BM calls frantically yelling at DH for taking SS without telling anyone. He tells her we don't have SS. They both truly panicked, thinking SS was kidnapped from the woods by the cemetery. I couldn't help but laugh picturing someone kidnapping a 5-10, 300 lb kid with a mustache. Really??? Can someone slap both DH and BM with a reality stick????

lintini's picture

ROFL I am dying laughing " They both truly panicked, thinking SS was kidnapped from the woods by the cemetery .....picturing someone kidnapping a 5-10, 300 lb kid with a mustache. Really??? Can someone slap both DH and BM with a reality stick????"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You couldn't get so lucky to have someone kidnap him! They would return him!

SS13 has some inverted Hitler peach fuzz mustache going on that DH is so very happy to help him learn to shave and dig the humongous black heads out of his ears with tweezers. BARF! :sick:

There is no reason at all for SS14 to need after school care if BM is sitting on her butt at home doing nothing.

rahrah2019's picture

Yeah, wondering if they will think he's ready for the responsibility of a car when it's time. He can't lift a finger for himself for anything. And I totally agree, it's disgusting. Parenting failure. Lintini, you are so right. They would totally bring his ass back.