You are here

Stepdaughter came home high again, screamed obscenities in the yard at midnight.

TryingSoHard's picture

She came home, obviously high on marijuana, and inhaled a bowl of soup. Then proceeded to lock herself in the bathroom and dye her hair blue, getting the dye all over everything. When her dad tried to get her to wash it out in the yard, she started yelling and finally went outside. She sat in the front yard yelling, "Oh my G--! I hate you so f---ing much!" over and over again. It's midnight.

I had a peaceful existence in this neighborhood for five years before she ever moved in. I'm afraid my neighbors are going to think it's ME yelling.

Her dad is talking to her right now. He's fed up too and keeps apologizing to me. If she's going to keep acting like this... I'll make her go back to her mother.

I used to be concerned about being a good step parent... I think we're beyond that now. She's seventeen. She's old enough to create a good situation for herself, or she can choose to blow it. Not my problem.

qtpie013178's picture

She has issues, send her back to her mom, but get her some therapy. There is no excuse for her to habitually get high.

Kes's picture

I live in the UK, but a brief Google has informed me that you have a law in the USA against Disturbing the Peace. What a good law to invoke in her case!
Next time she does it, call the police and tell them she is yelling in the street/yard and have them come and cart her off. This should give her a wake up call. Also, tell the neighbours to feel free to do this if she disturbs them - that will serve dual purpose of letting them know its not you and you do not approve of her behaviour.
She'll be soon legally an adult. She can then get her own place and disturb her own peace, not yours.

TryingSoHard's picture

I think it's a great idea to alert the neighbors. You're right, that would serve a dual purpose. Thank you!

Jsmom's picture

Completely agree with Echo. Get this girl out of your life...SD15 is out of our house because of behavior and it is awesome without her. The drama is gone...Her mother created the mess, her mother is having to deal with it...

TryingSoHard's picture

Thanks for the input. I am already at the jumping off point with her; I'm really just waiting for a good opportunity to send her back... and this is good enough of a reason for me.

Her dad was thrilled when she wanted to move in. She behaved herself for maybe a month and then this kind of thing started. I was happy to have her here too, but now I'm ready to see her go. He has always been susceptible to the ex guilt tripping him ("well, if you lived here...") so I think he tends to go easy on SD. But he's aware of the seriousness of this problem now. He knows it's making me crazy and I can't take it much longer.

I would like some input on how you think her mother created this situation. I have my own theories (letting SD do whatever she wants, etc) but how do you think we can put it to BM to make her accept SD back? I think she will do it, I just want minimal bitching from BM if possible.

alwaysanxious's picture

I would have called the police and reported an intoxicated teen on my yard shouting obscenities. I'd be ok with SO leaving me for acting this way too. That behavior is ridiculous.

I feel for you. She'll do it again.