Something that irks me

alwaysanxious's picture

Hearing SO call his daughter15 babygirl. Not sure why, just does. :sick:

starfish's picture

good for you sg:

"i didn't say i rip the pictures up"

i probably couldn't help myself.... }:)

mommy_of_4's picture

OMG I can so completely relate. It makes me seriously sick to my stomach and I want to puke. SD is 17 and its still like that. *GAGS* :sick:

starfish's picture

yeah it's weird. thank god dh does nothing of the sort, each skid is referred to by their name or bud ~ which is the way he refers to all kids.....

i see a lot of this kinda terminology on bm's side of the family. no offense to anyone, but i find it to be somewhat "hicky" ~ not southern or country (i was born and raised in the south), but "hicky" for lack of a better term ~ kinda like when the term "bubba" or "bubs" is used instead of uncle or cousin and mee-maw instead of granny or grandma and still using sissy for sister when said sister is now 30......

alwaysanxious's picture

He calls her sissy too and refers to himself as daddy sometimes as well. You want daddy to get that? That one i really want to say something about.

starfish's picture

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

"You want daddy to get that?"

are you serious?? and she is 15 not 2, right??

what do you say?? how can you stand it??

Eyes Wide Open's picture

DH calls skanky SD24 "beautiful" all of time. Ok...first of all, she's NOT (inside or out!). Her teeth are rotting out (probably from drugs), she's tattooed EVERYWHERE. Always nasty, greasy, dirty. It annoys the crap out of me that she wears flip flops year round, and her feet are NASTY---looks like she hasn't washed them in years and there is dirt under her toenails! I don't know how he doesn't see any of this, but he doesn't. GROOOOOOSSSSSSSS!!!!

steptwins's picture

I wish my XDH dotted more on my 24 yo DD. I have to do it all since he lives 2,000 miles away and is remarried w/adopted sons. So the opposite bothers me. He moved away when we divorced, DD was 10 yrs old then. He takes her a few times a year for a long weekend. And my DH and swins are fed up my baby & grandpuppy getting 150% from me. My response: too bad! She's my only child & I feel unconditional love for her and only her. And, if DH asked me to stop showering her w/love, I'd leave him in a NY minute.

Soon-to-be-Step-Mommy's picture

My FDH calls both me AND his daughter "baby" so I never know who he is talking to. Irks the crap out of me!!!!

alwaysanxious's picture

OMG, me too! Now that is annoying. Especially when we both say yes. Now when she's visiting, I don't answer him. Once he said I'm talking to you (alwaysanxious). I said well you are going to have to come up with another system -- use my name-- because calling everyone the same thing just isn't going to work.

Disneyfan's picture

It's not a big deal. Most men I know call at least one of their daughter's baby girl. Yes some of the daughters are grown women.