You are here

skids and chores

Samantha73's picture

So we have only 4 of our together 7 kids living with us now....two are BDS and two are SDS. Well how do you proceed with a chore chart when they are old enough to know who's night it is to wash dishes..and they aren't allowed to eat in their bedrooms and what time bed is?..the skids have their own room together and biokids have their room together...there is always a fight at bed time at bath time at dish night and even cleaning their own rooms up...my dh thinks we should sperate the girls like...one SK in room with one bio kid...I said no the biokids would do all the cleaning and the skids wouldn't help them ..so there leads to my dh and I fighting a lot over chores.the skids say its ok not to follow rules of cleanliness because the exsm lives like trash..yes the skids have an ex sm they call mom...long story short bm signed her rights away...but this exsm tells skids they dont have to follow my silly rules and they dont have to listen to anything I say.because I'm not their mom...but she expects me to let them act like this.when I call them out on this ..they hit Facebook and call me all kinds of names and the ex sm family and her bio kids all have something to say..I dont care what she says this is my home and they should follow my rules here.if they want to live in trash they can move back into her home full time . .

mannin's picture

There is a chore chart in my house. If chores aren't done, there's no video games, no outside playing, nothing. Your DH and you need to set up a chore chart, make it assessible, and have consequences if chores are not done.

Ignore the exSM. She's trying to push your buttons and you're letting her. Who cares what she posts on Facebook - it's Facebook. Your DH needs to make it clear to SDs that the rules of the house are the rules of the house and exSM has no say.

He needs to parent and enforce this consistently.

Samantha73's picture

That's where he has an issue.... He dont make them do anything until hes pissed...