You are here

SD Clothing Update

Calypso1977's picture

Finance responded to my email a day later that he would "talk to SD about the dresses". He didnt mention a word to me verbally about it and i let it lie.

I did respond to his email that part of me thought that we should ask SD to bring back the shoes and dress that i bought her for the funeral. He didnt respond at all to that, but i played snoops and checked his texts and he had one to SD that said "what did you do with the dress and shoes we bought you for the funeral". Her response was "why????"

This should be interesting.... if she even still has them anymore, i bet you the dress is balled up in a corner of her room, unwashed (the funeral was back in december). the shoes were the more expensive component, those might have survived. I hope he demands she bring them back. im keeping mum since of course im not even supposed to know he inquired of her.

But who knows, psycho BM might have thrown both away.

One thing i did think of is that the benefit of us buying a few "appropriate" things and keeping them at our house is that they will remain in good shape and we can then give them to SD's cousin - her parents dont have much money and she loves to wear nice things.

Orange County Ca's picture

My kids were clothed out of thrift stores. Just wash it when you get it home and pass it on to cousin when she outgrows it. As soon as the kid walks in the door she gets directly into PJ's or your furnished clothing. When she goes home she switches back to the clothing she wore coming in the front door. Nothing ever changes residents. I think I suggested this a few Threads back.

Plus it gives you the feel good feeling of a stymied bio-mother who no longer can send over trash and get back treasure.

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Definitely agree with thrift or consignment...don't spend a lot of money!

I don't know how, but it used to be the clothing we bought that was supposed to be for SD15 here at our house always ended up at BM's and never returned. I used to tell DH that BM was using our house as a clothing exchange rather than using the child support to actually buy clothing for the child! SD15's bag was never checked when she was returned to BM in those days, so I'm pretty sure that SD15 was stuffing the clothes from our house in there so that she had something to wear that fit, leaving all the "too small" clothing she was sent to our house in at our house. Started shopping solely at thrift stores, buying clothing as cheap as possible, since it seemed we had to replace the crap every other week!

Calypso1977's picture

well, my plan is anything we buy is going to be limited to those time when we are going somewhere the three of us "as a family" where i dont want to be embarrassed by her appearance.

since i refuse to go anywhere in public with her this will be pretty much limited to weddings and funerals (and she already has a funeral outfit).