You are here

Just wondering...

Notacelebration's picture

Would love to get opinions on something.
DH and SD had a Baptism to go to a few weeks ago. DH's son and his girlfriend had a baby. I did not go because his ex would be there. I'm avoiding all drama. I watched them leave, and saw what SD was wearing. She had on a dress she outgrew three years ago, and five inch hoochie heels. I was quite surprised to see that DH thought that outfit was appropriate for church, but then again, he probably didn't want to upset her, as usual. Personally, I would have had her put leggings on under that dress, and wear flats.
What do you guys think?

She's 17

That was my thought too. Church is not the place to dress like that.
There was a time, not too long ago, DH was going to let SD wear her short, strapless homecoming dress to her grandfather's funeral. I did say something on that one, because from what I had heard, the guy was a sweet person, and I felt he should have some respect at his funeral.
I just can't believe DH thought that was fine also.
DH is a smart man, but not when it comes to kids.

legmel's picture

my SD15y wears inappropriate clothes all the time. My DH does not seem to think that there is anything wrong with it - so I don't say anything. Let her go out looking like tramp - his kid not mine.

No saint's picture

At the age of 17 I don't find some heels inappropriate, but everything over 1.5 inches, tops, is an exaggeration. It also depends on how mature she looks.
About the dress, I really dislike seeing kids, no matter how old they are, in clothes they have outgrown. At the age of 17 I would expect her to realize the dress didn't fit properly...

I also can see her wearing heels, but nothing like what she had on.
I never asked him what she planned on wearing, I just don't anymore...I don't care.
The girl is almost 6 feet tall, five inch heels make her look ridiculous. She's also extremely immature. It all adds up to her looking like a large kid playing dress up.
As far as her knowing the dress is too small, the less she covers, the better she thinks she looks. She's already had one dress code violation at school.
DH has said, "I don't want to know what she's doing all the time." I found that a bit shocking to hear out of a father's mouth, but I guess it speaks volumes.

AllySkoo's picture

Meh, I wouldn't have really thought twice about it, to be honest. Might've giggled, if I saw it and it was that bad. (You should have seen what BM wore to OSD's wedding! A miniskirt that showed the bottom of her ass, no joke. It was weird, and I thought it was funny.) It doesn't sound like it *bothered* you though, which is as it should be. She is NO reflection on you! If she is unable to choose clothing appropriate for the venue, then that's on her. (At this age, it really is on HER. 17 is old enough that you shouldn't need Mommy and Daddy to freaking dress you!)

As for the heels and her being 6 feet tall, well GOOD FOR HER! Lol Too many women get caught up in the "women are supposed to be XYZ" - THIS tall, or THAT weight, or THIS cup size. Fuck it. Be proud of the body you got and don't let anyone put you in their "all women fit here" box. Smile

NoWireCoatHangarsEVER's picture

MY Sd15 in eigth grade would post instragram photos of her in backless shirts and daisy duke shorts and bikini bathing suit top with jeans on. I wouldn't even buy my teenager backless shirts and daisy duke shorts

My only concern about the way SD presents herself, is that she is putting all she can out there, so she can get a boyfriend. So far, no one had shown that type of interest. When it happens, I'm afraid she will end up pregnant, because she is so gullible. She's very immature for her age. I can't imagine living with a pregnant version of her, when it's hard enough now. She literally throws fits, and breaks things when she gets disciplined, hence, no discipline. She controls her father.

Rags's picture

Tacky and inappropriate ... definitely. Worth mentioning ... definitely. Worth making a major issue over ... nope.

SD just proved her status as trash and only she can fix it if she cares.

She doesn't ... obviously.

She really thinks she looks great. To be honest, she looked cheap as could be.
I can only imagine what she strips down to when she leaves the house and DH can't see her.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Hi Not! Good to see you Dirol I am at the point now with my OSD19 that if she looks ridiculous, she looks ridiculous. I chalk it up to entertainment, but I understand that we feel like we "might" have to mention something to DH out of respect for him. It would be the right thing to do in a normal situation, but after what you've gone through, I say screw it. Esp since you weren't attending the event. I have learned more and more that the way these skids handle themselves is a reflection of their parents, and not for us to worry about. Easier said than done, but you can't fix stupid, right? Hopefully it wasn't a white dress with a black thong, huh? LOL Hang in there! My hell is no better. I have the tantrums and the throwing shit too, and SD19 is only here 4 months out of the year from college.

~ Moon

Hi Moon! Long time, no see. Nice to be back.
I really don't care anymore, it's just an on going show.
Sorry to hear about all you're going through. Was thinking about you the other day.

I must admit, I'm more calm. I've reached a whole new level of not caring. I just like to get opinions from others. Will not be attending any events with SD dressing like that.