You are here

Husband and stepson at odds

storygirl's picture

My 18 year old stepson and DH are completely at odds and I feel like graduation will never get here.  Stepson has lived with us entire senior year due to falling out with his mom.  I can’t say anything to either of them in confidence to try to calm situation as they both “rat me out” to the other when angry, often misrepresenting what I said.  Quite honestly I don’t want to talk to either anymore.  It bothers me my husband seems so out of line.  Where his ex is involved, there is no talking sense.  Ugh.  

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Stay out of it. SS is darn near an adult and he is your DH's son. They need to resolve this between themselves.

Myss.Tique D'Off's picture

Your husband and his son need to sort out their issues and I am sorry if it is causing you stress.  If your husband is out of line, please dont expect SS not to be with such great modelling of behaviour.

What gets me here is  children from an intact home who have a fall out with one parent dont usually get to move out, Issues are usually sorted out under the same roof. Your husband agreed to have him move in and now you have to deal with adult petulance. 

Hopefully when your SS graduates  he can move out as it sound like he has all round crappy bio parents.