You are here

Don't want to ruin his Fathers Day but very frustrated.

MomOfTwoPlusOne's picture

I am so frustrated. Yet another day that my stepdaughter was scheduled with her mom, and she's Just told us shes 'staying here' all week, not going home. i would never tell my partner his kid can't come home, but she has to go to her moms, but I'm tired of being taken for granted

We don't get any time alone and both of true 'alternate parent' couples get 5-7 days/week to have couples time. love time with our kids but having 12,13 and 14 year olds, in a blended family is exhausting and although we are both in 'shared custody' situations my step daughter almost never goes home. We almost never get a night off, even when I ask for one.

Just don't want to go through another divorce. Want to protect alone time, when we aren't dealing with kid shit...just frustrated. And it's Father's Day so I don't wait to complain about his kid or his ex...but feeling very much like my needs or wants don't matter. It is always about what works for His ex and his child. Not about what works for me or us.

MomOfTwoPlusOne's picture

DH will never tell her she can't come home. I get that, but I wish he'd tell BM to KEEP her home. BM told SD that she can choose where she wants to be and now she never goes home. No even when DH is on the road for work. We have other kids (my son and daughter) dogs and pool and are in the neighbourhood of her school and friends. BM no other kids, no pets, is far from SD's school. I do understand why she wants to be here, but sometimes I need peace and quiet. My kids are with their dad regularly, but my SD never seems to go home. And what really gets me upset is that on Saturday I asked specifically that SD go to her moms so we could go out and just hang out...and her mom just sent her here anyways. I almost never even ask, so when I do it should be respected, in my mind.