Confused

Annabee's picture

Hello!  I am hoping to get some advice. I have been dating a  my SO for about 3 years. We moved in together about 6 months ago and each have a teenager. My teenager is a 18 boy and his is a 16 year old girl. I have confused feelings about holding hands. My SO and I cuddle on the couch when we can and holding hands is something we like to do while cuddling. When we are holding hand he strokes my hand and I have always thought this is a very intimate thing. The last few nights I have come home and he and his daughter are on the couch and they are holding hands. They always move so I can sit down abs she will go on the other side of him and they start holding hands and he strokes her hands like he does mine. He’s a good guy and dad and I don’t think anything weird is going on but this is making me really uncomfortable. What should I do?

shamds's picture

16 yr old miniwife needs to be doing this with her boyfriend and not her dad..

Wicked stepmo.'s picture

It depends on thier relationship and how he views her. Does he look at her like a young lady or still his little girl. Some men live in denial of thier girls growing up. I have a friend who says that he dreads the day his daughter gets married because then he can no longer live in denial that she is having sex.

SusieCue's picture

SD15 would try to sensually rub her dad's feet, his temples, and his arms and DH had to very firmly tell her to stop. 

I don't know if this is good advice but I would call them out by making a comment like, "What are you two love birds doing over there?" or something. Something that draws attention to the fact that it's odd, but in a way that kind of embarrasses them and gets them to realize what it looks like.