GRRR

lprp's picture

How can you teach kids anything when they don't want to learn? DH had a flat tire asked SD to help so she can learn. Her response was that is what you are for. DH goes what if I can't help. SD says I will wait. Yes SD has a cognitive disability but I dont believe that has anything to do with it. Kids are plain flippin lazy and it is so irritating...
Just had to vent

MamaDuck's picture

When my Dad wanted to teach me and I was trying to make excuses, he said "and if you're in the middle of nowhere when you get a flat, with no cell coverage... at niiiiiggght time ???" I jumped to it! Lol

Indigo's picture

My first flat tire -- I changed it, but I kept looking for Tom Selleck to stop by and "help." He never showed up. (grin)

Basic car care, I can do. I haven't changed the oil, installed a radiator or rebuilt a carburetor in 25 years, but if I needed to ... I'd buy a Chilton manual, hang out at NAPA and just do it.

I took BS-13 to Advanced Auto Care store last year and he wandered around admiring a foreign land.

omgbecky's picture

Another country girl here. Had to learn how to operate a car before I could drive it. This was before cell phones. Once had a blow out when I was 17, and was halfway done putting on the spare when some kind soul stopped to make sure I was ok. He was impressed! LOL Thanks Dad!