You are here

Changes in relationship with sd

Mama_C's picture

My sd use to split time between our house and bm, now sees us every weekend instead. We use to be so close. Now things have changed;I have heard her telling lies to her bm such as, I wouldnt let her charge her phone,instead of the truth, she dropped phone in water. I asked her why she laughs and says because she wont get into trouble. Her bm is very irrational and hotheaded so I limit direct contact. Sd is disrespectful to me calls me "weird" and just picks at everything I do. She is an adult with traumatic brain injury but does not act like this to everyone. I usually try to have my husband to redirect her but it is not always possible.

Stormyweather's picture

If she's an adult... Brain injury or not she dosent need to come over every weekend. Let BM have ger 24/7.

The fact she can be respectful to others ( but not you) means she's capable of reason so she should be held accountable and given consequences too

Rags's picture

Don't tolerate her crap. Period! If she is not consistent with how she behaves with everyone then she is using her "traumatic brain injury" as a bullshit excuse.

Treat her as an adult instead of an adult with a brain injury. Expect and insist that she behave tolerably and do not accept anything less.