You are here

8 year old step daughter wetting seff never use to

smitty85's picture

hi my 8 year old stepdaughter keeps wetting and soiling her pants she doesnt even relise she is doing this she has to be told she has done it she also is wetting bed every night as her mother treats her as a yoyo we dont see her much she never use to be like this with bed wetting or pants wetting but it seems to be getting worst we dont know what to do as it is getting bad we have been told stuff that isnt good that is happening at home but where do we go from here?

Anon2009's picture

Hmm. Has she seen a doctor about this? That's a good first step.

Also, what's her home life like? Does she live with/see frequently anyone creepy? This is a sign/symptom of sexual abuse in some kids. I'm not saying that definitely happened to her (I hope to God it did not), but Google "signs of sexual abuse in children" and see if she displays any of them. If she does, then DH needs to be talking with BM, his attorney and calling CPS. Even if she doesn't display any of these other signs, DH should still talk with BM about this and ask her what's going on at home that could cause SD to do this. Even if she wasn't sexually abused, these signs are good for you to know so if they ever surface in her or another kid you know, you can help them.

Definitely have DH get her to a doctor ASAP who can give her the proper medical help she needs.

simifan's picture

^^^
100% agree with this. She must see a doctor ASAP, especially if she is not aware she has done it after the fact. That is an odd symptom. How come she she doesn't have enough sensation to feel herself wet or soiled?

Hell, I remember when BS was 10 months & would rip the diaper off as soon as it was soiled cause he didn't like the feeling & those things hold like 10 gallons of liquid & do so away from skin. Something is definitely wrong there somewhere.

smitty85's picture

well i have been thinking the same thing even at night she can wet bed twice and not know it tried cutting back drinks she never use to do this

smitty85's picture

well i have been thinking the same thing even at night she can wet bed twice and not know it tried cutting back drinks she never use to do this

Teresa Lynn's picture

I am going through this with my 8 yeaar old step son,no drinks after 7.Also stress can bring this on, get dad to take her to doctors .