You are here

4 year old missing her real dad...help!!!!

Tonyuk001's picture

Hi, I'm in need of help!!!
My new partner is in the middle of a divorce and She has a beautiful  4 year old daughter (call her E for the rest of this post) E sees her dad once during the week and then every other weekend sat and picked up sunday. My partner picked up E the other day all she keep saying was what a good time she had (normally she does not) and all night that she missed her daddy and wanted him, at one point she cried so much she almost made herself sick. During all this although upset ( not in fount of E) my partner said that that was good and was very positive. Heres the thing her dad has never really been what you would call a great dad, and would shout at her for the littlest of things. The only way my partner could get her to sleep was to say that she could see her dad on Friday and all weekend, when my partner called him to tell him he just said that he had plans and that he would tell her what she is doing is wrong and that she would listen to him! Her dad does not what to spend any more time with E than he has to...
Today My partner is having the same issue with E missing her daddy and I really do not know what to do or say, does anyone have an advice on this?

katiek's picture

My daughter who is 4, has shown some of the same behaviors towards her real dad also. It breaks my heart. I tell her 'we are so happy to have you home and we miss you when you are away w/your dad. I want you to be happy when you are with your dad and happy when you come home to be w/me.' I also try to explain to her we both love her so much,that is why we share her!Just incourage her mom to talk to her, and just give her lots of hugs and kisses. That really helped w/my daughter. I hope your situation gets solved, I know how heartbreaking that can be.