You are here

Stepmom to an ungrateful 10 yo grandson

MakingIt's picture

:? My 10 yr old step-grandson has been living with us since July last yr. I hate it. Mom had him at age 16 or so, never been married, 3 baby-daddies and just gave birth to her 4th child last month and lives in Florida. Her dad, my husband discussed taking eldest son because we felt it best to get him out of that ghetto environment. I'm regretting my decision. Step GS is very smart and smart alleck. He likes to argue with granddad like an adult, he doesn't like taking baths, doesn't want to clean his room, he gets an attitude with me when I tell him to do something. We've spanked him, took away privileges, Xbox 360. He's a ghetto child. Boy's father throws up gang signs and curses on Facebook. I feel like I don't wanna take care of this child any more and that the mother should get back in church and take care of all her kids. She said we would get his child support money $80 a week but quickly changed it to $100.00 a month. Well before & after school care is $65.00. I told my husband that he can't stay here another school year. I feel guilty because I don't want him living with us. We just got married in 2010 and I feel like we are sacrificing our lives by taking care of my stepdaughter's child. I'm not happy at all. We treat him well and take care of him very well. I was basically unemployed so I was the one that had to wake this little boy up for school and almost every day was a struggle getting him up and making him washup, brush his teeth & hair. Sometimes he would squint his eyes at me because he's mad. I told 'you pierce your eyes at me again, you're gonna get a spanking'. He's very grown and I don't care too much for his attitude. I want him to go back immediately. Need some advice. I shouldn't feel guilty should I??? He's had behavior problems at school. Teacher said he's very intelligent, Harvard-material. But to me that funky attitude he has, takes away from all that. PLEASE HELP!!! LOL. I'm very unhappy and I cringe when I see him get off the school bus in the afternoon.