You are here

Husband Grandson can do no wrong

mishmish's picture

So my husband of 2 1/2 years has a a grandson, that in the begining when I met him was so sweet until one Saturday when he had stayed the night before, my husband had to go to work and he through such a fit, I mean screaming crying, he punched me in my stomach when I grabbed his hand to help him down the stairs(he was 7). My husband did spank him when he did that, and I just scrugged it off as he is 7 and still "little". After that, he has snide remarks, he had an attitude, i would talk to my husband and he would say that he is just a "kid", so from there i would communicate with my step-daughter (who is wonderful) and let her know when he was disrespectful. So everything was fine for a few months, until one day i wanted to go to the oulets with my husband and myself only, BUT because his grandson called and wanted to come, we went to pick him up, once we picked him up my husband got out of the car to get coffee and his grandson said "you bastard", so i told him that is not something that you should be saying, and he told me to mind my business, so i told my husband and he DID NOTHING, i told him to take him back upstairs to his mother because i refused to be spoken to like that and again my husband just scrugged it off, (i did text my step-daughter and told her what happened). Now a few months after that, my husband picked him up from school and because he was on his phone playing a game(that is all this kid does, he does not have friends or go anywhere), he had an accident and peed on himself, so i told my husband , sometimes kids are so into their gaming that they dont feel that they have to use the bathroom until its too late, and right away my husband said that my 2 1/2 year old nephew doesnt use the bathroom and he should already, and his grandson chimed in and said yea mind your business, so that was a fight in a half, so when we got to my step daugher's house, i told her what happened (cuz my husband covered it up) and she made her son appoligize to me, but my husband said im a snitch and i like to see his grandson in trouble, i told my husband when it comes to him, he can DO NO WRONG and what was he waiting for him to hit me in my face to see how disrespectful he is, and my husband did not talk to me for 3 days!. Now I do alot for this kid, we take him out we buy him things. And everytime he is punished my husband defiys his daughter and allows him to do whatever he wants, and his grandson even said it, "my papa allows me to do whatever i want". Now there is a whole lot more that goes on with this kid, too much to type but trust me, its disrespectful, now dispite all of this i have to admit that i have no love for him at all, and i have to fake it all the time. I am stuck and dont know what to do... Sad

ESMOD's picture

DIS.EN.GAGE 

Your husband wants to spend time with his grandson?  fine.. you will be otherwise occupied.  He can handle him on his own.  Don't get involved in his behavior.. don't interact with him.. Stop trying to point out his flaws to granddad.  Just ignore.. and don't participate.

mishmish's picture

Thanks so much,  I have tried doing that, but my husband always brings him back to the house :(  but I will not tolerate being disrespected by a child and my husband does nothing. My husband just started a new job and he only off during the week and not the weekends, i am happy for that as he can see him then, and i dont have to deal with the dispespctfullness.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

When your jerky husband brings grand-brat back to your house, do your own thing and do NOT be alone with that little snot. If H leaves the room, YOU leave the room. I would be making plans outside of the house any time he was there.

Frankly, I think your husband has no respect for you and is teaching his grand-brat to treat you in the same disrespectful manner.

tog redux's picture

Yep. You say, "Hi stepgrandson," and then go out to weed the garden, play golf with your friends, go to a movie, take the dog for a walk, retire to your room to read/watch a movie, etc, etc.  This grandson is not your responsibility. Since he's a little kid, no need to be rude, but no need to "do a lot" for him either.

It's weird that he's such a brat when his mother is a decent person. What's up with that? Usually this kind of step-grandkid behavior is driven by a difficult stepdaughter.

notarelative's picture

The bright spot in this is that SD did not defend the child. Since DH overrides his daughter, he may find his access to the grandchild limited. 

I'd find something else to do, somewhere else to be, when grandkid is around. I'd let DH deal with the monster he is creating.

Rags's picture

You take this kid out, etc, etc, etc.... all while the violent profane little POS is disrespectful and abusive.   You and DH are enabling.

No more.  I would suggest to DH that if he ever again fails to have your back, disrespects you in front of this GRAND POS kid, and does not effectively apply escalating consequences against his grand spawn that not one penny of marital resources will be spent on this kid. Not one cent.  

For clarity, that means that if DH does not step up, does not put his foot up this kid's ass, honor you as  his spouse, and then spends one penny that DH is gone along with his entire shallow and polluted gene pool.

Grrrrrrrr!

My SS got lippy with my parents one time.  They disciplined him and then when he got home, I disciplined him again.  Kids need to understand that bullshit will not be tolerated and will be met with exponentially escalating consequence.

DH needs to man up, step up and be YOUR equity life partner, and put his toxic grandspawn in their place.

Sadly it is abundantly clear that the problem is  your DH.  His daughter seems to apply consequences on her kid when he pulls this shit when he is with you.  Obviously there is other stuff going on in SD's home that is not effectively forming this toxic crotch turd's behavior but... when he is with you and grandpa, behavior should be mandatory. 

Good luck.

Thumper's picture

Wait, your husband brings home his Grandchild and bolts? Leaving YOU there as a babysitter.

I guess your kinda ok with it OR you would have told him no and left before HE walked out.????