You are here

SO is ticked cause I said no

onebright1's picture

My BD8 and his Stwins 9 had a performance at school tonite. They had a performance this afternoon also. I and He went to the afternoon performance. Me, because I didnt want to run into his ex and Him because he had to work tonite. Thursdays are BMs off day, which is the only day SO doesnt have to pick skids up from school.
He calls me about 2 hours before the show to ask me to look for a dress downstairs OneStwin is wanting for the nite performance. I go and look and find two. He ask me to take a photo of them and send to SD18s phone. I do that but tell him and her(sd18) that one is two sizes smaller than Onestwin wears and the other is 2 sizes bigger.
She (sd18) text back that OneStwin wants the smaller one. I reply with "ok"
Here is the part where SO got ticked.
He calls me again and I tell him what was texted and I ask him if they are coming by to get it. He then ask me if BD8 has left for the performance yet (her dad was getting her and taking her), I said "No and BD8 is not taking it with her"
He says " fine I will leave work and come get both dresses and take them to her"
I said Ok.
So I hear him slam the front door 10 min later coming in and slam it going out.
Guess I am so horrible and selfish and awful now for not jumping once again when his kids say jump.
They just like BD8 have known about this program for a month. If he wants to be at their beck and call thats his mistake. I would have told my daughter no. I actually have told her no a few weeks ago when she left her good tennis shoes at her dads. Told her not going to drive 40 min to get them and neither is your dad. She had to wear her old yukky shoes. Bet she tries a bit harder to not forget them again.
So if I feel like Im right for not letting BD8 take the dresses to her (this is one of the skids who treat BD8 soooo horribly), why do I feel crappy about it?

onebright1's picture

I guess this is why People usually just give in and do "it" whatever "it is. Cause of the way it makes you feel even though you are doing the right thing.
Cheri, I know that is EXACTLY what would have happend. That was my thinking to begin with.