You are here

Should we get married and should his babymama pay child support?

lenalove's picture

My boyfriend and I are talking about marriage. He has made some mistake in his past, he has 3 children and 2 babymamas. We both work and have our own houses. I have a 2 bedroom and he has a 1 bedroom. He is on child support for one of the babymamas, and the other one does not have him on child support. She just asks him to buy what the child needs. She wants the child to live with him and he proposed to me. If I married him then him and his child would live with me because I have a 2 bedroom. He says that he would not put his babymama on child support and just expect her to buy things that the child needs. I told him that if they both move in with me my bills will go up and the girl's mothers will pay child support to help pay her daughters part because I'm not picking up the tab her mom does not want to pay. Her mom just had a baby with her boyfried. Her mom works but her boyfriend does not. I'm thinking of telling my boyfriend that we should just continue to date and maintain out seperate residences until his children are grown. What you think about this?

lenalove's picture

Yeah I'm thinking that we should just date and maintain our seperate residences until they are grown, which is many years away. I want to be married, but I don't want to deal with babymama child support drama.