You are here

Need help seriously!

brokenfairy's picture

I need help badly. I am the step mother to 2 children boy-10, girl-13. They have never ever had and rules, guidelines, schedule, and have never heard the word no...until I came along. They hit, punch, slap, kick me, and each other. I have gone over rules, what is acceptable for the last 2 years with my partner, every time an agreement is made, promises are made...but the first time it comes into play, I am under-minded. I ground, the go do what they want, they hit me and leave marks, there are no consequences. They have been late 32 times for school this year and have missed about as many days each. Excuses are made, and that is that. They have virtually been taught not to listen to me or respect me, but I can do everything else for them, cook, drive, color hair, help with homework. I put together their parties and sleep overs, but I get crapped on for it. They hear no, all hell breaks loose. I have seen them smash dishes, punch, kick, scream over something as little as not getting chocolate milk. The daughter thinks she is 20, and bullies and manipulates, but it doesn't work with me, so I am often called the b!tch. Recently I have taken to staying in the bedroom with a pillow over my head to drown it all out. Today couldn't go get groceries because the boy was mad about not getting something, so he hid the keys. I found them tonight in the bathroom garbage. There has been counseling, medications..but none of that will work because my partner just doesn't think there is anything wrong with any of this behavior. I called the police in the 3rd month I was here because the daughter hit me so hard I had a bruise as big around as an orange. Help!

unhappy2happy's picture

OMG where is your husband???? Either he puts his foot down hard on these two, or I would be packing...

There is no way I would put up with the physical abuse... let alone being verbally abused, and he thinks this is normal???? I am sooo sorry ... but either he nips this in the bud real soon, or you have to decide can you live like this.... I could not..

Pantera's picture

There is no way in hell you should be putting up with this abuse!!! What is your DH doing about all of this?

"If I turn into another, Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me" -Incubus

MarriedwithChild's picture

OMG- Ditto!

I'm so sorry you are being abused. Where is your DH?!!
He should be livid over his kids treating you this way.

If my ss5 EVER hits me, I'll punch 911 so fast on him...the problem is, my DH would probably kick his ass before the cops arrived. One thing DH will never tolerate is me being hit or verbally abused.

brokenfairy's picture

My partner is right there seeing it all, but thinks all kids are like this and that consequences are not required. You hug them and talk sweetly to them, that's how it goes. I grew up being abused by my mother and I have said this repeatedly to them all, but they say it's not their fault. I have said I refuse to live with the violence, but no one cares. The kids take and use whatever they want of mine without asking and destroy it. I am trapped here with no place to go, and if I leave, I lose my medical benefits too...which seems like a small price, but I am diabetic and it has gotten bad since I have been here. So how does a trapped person get out?

MarriedwithChild's picture

" I grew up being abused by my mother and I have said this repeatedly to them all, but they say it's not their fault."

You nailed it there. They know you have been abused in the past and think they can do the same.

I've never told anyone about any abuse I have been through. I knew it would give any a-hole the upper hand if they had these tendencies.

Just like a beat yard dog, I bit back. Food for thought.

Respect yourself, broken fairy!

Hugs~

Gia's picture

Brokenfairy: " I have said I refuse to live with the violence, but no one cares."

Of course they don't care because until this day, you still deal with them, and your partner does not support you at all.

His kids are out of control and truly sound like wild animals. I have two options for you, but you cannot come out winning with both, you will lose something with each

1) MOVE OUT. Do you truly NOT have anywhere to go? Do you have a job?
If you move out, you will lose your medical benefits, but if you stay you might end up in the hospital because of your psycho kids, your call.

2) STAY IN THE HOUSE, but disengage 100%. You said that you have gone to counseling, I don't know if anything improved, but if your partner thinks that behavior is normal, it will never change, not until he realizes the wild beasts he is raising. Not until he realizes that they WILL end up in jail or dead for sure.

Don't do anything for them, honestly, don't cook, don't clean, anything!! until. Don't even talk to them, ignore them, lock yourself in your room, lokc your room when you are not around.

Personally, I would call some sort of organization that deals with bad teenagers, and explain the situation to them. To me this is a form of child abuse because kids need rules and boundaries in order to grow up to be productive members of society.

you need to understand that you deserve MUCH, MUCH better, nobody has any right to put a hand on you, it doesn't matter the age of the person. Kids that hit and punch adults are not normal kids, they need help, you are dealing with two dangerous individuals that have no concept of what the word limit means. Aren't you scared that one day they can stab you? poison your food? choke you?

Your case does not have any sort of hope, at least not until your partner can open his eyes. There is nothing you can do. because its you against two teenagers that are malicious, strong and ungrateful, and a grown (ass) man that seems to just be painted on the wall...

Sincerely,

G

"I will die on my feet before I live on my knees"

Pantera's picture

If your DH is not protecting you, you need to move out. Are they beating on him? That isn't right.

"If I turn into another, Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me" -Incubus