You are here

My SS is driving me crazy

Mummah2004's picture

I am at my wits end with my SS's I have 4 SS's 9yr to 4 yr. I have been in my relationship for 4yrs now and have just recently married their dad. I have tried everything I can do try and get on with the boys. I have been envolved with everything from schooling, sporting I even volunteer at their school canteen. I have 4 children of my own which are all grown up 2 don't live at home anymore. Which every Sunday we have dinner at our so that all the children and now grand baby have time together as a family. My oldest son is now refusing to bring his family over when my SS's are their as he doesn't like the way they speak to me. He is 21 this yr and has tried to be the big brother to them tried talking to them but he won't stand by and watch how the the SS's treat me. He has even got into a heated argument with my new husband on how they are disrespectful to me and he allows it. I feel torn I love my husband, I love my BS and my BGD I don't like my SS's and now my SS's BM is messaging my husband and flirting with him and has started dressing like me and has died her hair blonde the same as mine I just can't take much more

furkidsforme's picture

If your own son has such an issue with how this child talks to you and treats you, and you and your husband are allowing it to happen you have two problems, and neither are your SS.

#1- Where the hell is your self respect and since when do YOU allow anyone's child to be rude to you?
#2- WTF is wrong with your DH that he won't parent his rude brat?

Why do you, and he, allow this? This isn't ALL on DH, either... but you have been part of it too. You have taken it this long and done nothing. Start today, it only gets harder as time goes on. When will you have enough? When he's 12? 18? 30?

Mummah2004's picture

I don't allow it at all. I offen speak up but there's a fine line to what a step parent can do in the way of discipline. I have now just disengaged myself from them when the boys are here which is causing more problems. My son is right and I know he is I raised him with respect. I actually am thinking of leaving because no matter what I say or how I say doesn't sink in

Mummah2004's picture

I don't allow it at all. I offen speak up but there's a fine line to what a step parent can do in the way of discipline. I have now just disengaged myself from them when the boys are here which is causing more problems. My son is right and I know he is I raised him with respect. I actually am thinking of leaving because no matter what I say or how I say doesn't sink in

Disneyfan's picture

Your husband should refuse to have yournson in his house. Your son should be angry with you for allowing those kids to disrespect you. You have made the choice not to correct your SSs.

Your choice on how to deal with your SSs, has caused a problem between your husband and son.

If your husband hasn't done anything to shut BM down when she she starts flirting, then he's the problem not her.