You are here

Fraustrated with wasting my time

Jennifer36's picture

I am a step mother to a 10yr boy and have a biological son that is 9yr old. I have reached a point where I am fed up with wasting my time. My step sons mother does not care about his schooling, hygeine or mannerisms. So when he comes to the house on the weekends to visit it is like teaching a toddler every single time. I have got to a point where if it goes in one ear and out the other what is the point anymore. My husband blames it on his sons mother (she has 60% custody)  and says "she doesnt care, I have taught him the right way but she just wont help contiune good behaviour." This leaves most of our weekends to re-teaching and getting angry with each other, beacuse I am really fruastrated. I am fraustrated and tired of wasting my energy on my weekends with this kid.

I found this site to vent. I am venting.  

Rags's picture

Welcome.  I hope that you find this to be a good place to vent, contribute and to pick up some useful advice from others who are living the blended family dream.

Does the SKid visit every weekend or do you get a regular break? 

Take care of you and yours 

Kes's picture

Welcome to the site and vent away - like the rest of us do!   If you and your husband are on the same page regarding his son's behaviour - why is it causing arguments between you?  I can see it is frustrating for you both, but at least you are in agreement that his behaviour is poor, and BM is to blame.  I find it surprising that a 10 yr old needs re-telling every weekend about standards in your home - does he have learning difficulties?  If not, then you just need to adopt the "broken record" approach of telling him every single time, until it actually sinks in.  

tog redux's picture

Don't waste your time then, it's not your job to make sure he's a functioning human being. That's all on his father.  Let him handle it.

dysfunctionally_blended's picture

This ^^^. 

He has 2 parents. If one refuses to actually parent then the other has to parent double time.