You are here

It's official: BM is definitely stalking FDH.

Madam Hedgehog's picture

I suggested BM might be stalking FDH a couple weeks ago when she once again texted him "oh gee, I just saw your car at walmart. I'm here too!" for the fourth time. There are usually 200+ cars in the parking lot and FDH's car is not very unique looking (there's at least 5 identical cars in town). She also texts to come see the boys every time we have a guest. The timing had been bothering me for quite a while but I didn't want to start flinging around accusations.

Well, I was watching SS2 while FDH ran a work errand this morning. He pulled onto our DEAD END STREET and there she was . . . driving by the house . . . This is during the middle of the day when she ought to be at work. She's an elementary teacher. I have no idea if she has a prep hour or if she got someone to cover or what the hell is going on with that, but it's RIDICULOUS.

There is absolutely no plausible explanation. We live at the END PART of a dead end street. There is nothing but housing nearby. Her work is on the other side of town. Her house is on the other side of town. Her church is on the other side of town. And she's driving by our freaking house in the middle of the day.

Understandably, FDH was just short of outraged. I was actually on the phone with him while he was driving and he just blurted out "OH MY F*CKING G*D!!!" I really thought he'd just witnessed a wreck or something. Then he says "I'm half a block away from the house and Crazy Lady just drove by!"

A month ago, he mentioned he thought he'd seen her car pass a couple times but he didn't want to be paranoid about it so he shrugged it off. I shrugged it off. We both decided to let it go.

But now that it's official, I have no idea what to say or think about her behavior and what it says about the last couple months with her constantly wanting to drop by EVERY TIME we have a guest over (I guess to see who it is?) and miraculously showing up at walmart at the same time as FDH saying she'd spotted his car, not to mention showing up outside the quickcare center when SS5 had pinkeye (I don't think FDH even told her which one he was going to).

With the frequency of these events (at least twice a week) she must be driving by the house a couple times every day.

What can we do about this? I spoke with FDH about setting up a camera in the window to track her drive-bys. If we can prove it, can we stop it? Will it be considered harassment? I am really really REALLY not comfortable with the idea of my fiance's ex-wife driving by my house all the time like a creepo.

Suggestions???

helena_brass's picture

I'm not sure if there's any charges you could file/legal action you could take against her for this. I'd talk to a cop and a lawyer to find out. If there's nothing you can do there, maybe you should have a little fun at her expense. After all, she's being a creeper.

Doodle's picture

Yeah, I would probably wait to see her drive by the house then jump out with my video camera every time she did. Probably wouldn't even matter if you managed to turn it on or not, just do it to freak her out, maybe pair it with pointing and screaming "I SEEEEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUU, I SEE YOOOUUUUUUU!!!"

purpledaisies's picture

Yea not a lot you can do. I found out the hard way. SOOO what we did was this we went out side and had a blast and I had a few drinks well with in eye shot and left it in the bottle. We had so much or at least I did showing her how much fun we or I was having! It pissed her off so bad that she finally stopped.

stormabruin's picture

You know, if we were ever to happen to spot BM's car ANYWHERE we'd head the other way. We certainly would never call her cell to announce that we happened to be at the same location. WTH??? Like she's trying to arrange a meet up in the cereal isle or something??? LOL!

She sounds like she needs more to fill her life.

What would she be hoping to accomplish with the drive-by's? If your house has walls & curtains she'll only be able to see you if you happen to be outside, in which case she has to realize you can see her too. What a weirdo!

on the fence's picture

Have you considered some fake surveillance cameras and a doberman? I think the paparazzi idea is good. Freak her out right back! Let her know, IT IS ON! LOL!

Really, I don't know what I'd do. That is some freaky stuff!

ddakan's picture

for about 80$ you can get a digital game camera and it will snap 3 photos when it senses movement aka car drives by...it gives the time and date. it will take up to 800 or more photos depending on the memory card you use. we got ours at cabela's and we use it to photograph wild game, but it would work the same. if she drives by at night it uses infrared to take night pictures.

be prepared, it may freak you out knowing how many times she drives by. she will flip if you have these photos documenting her nutcaseness! haha

CaptainD's picture

Pretty sure you can't make her stop driving by on a public street. However, if she is driving by several times per week, I would bluntly say "by the way I know you're driving by our house all the time, and we would like you to stop, please." If she says "no I don't", tell her you have the pics/times/dates to prove it. If she accuses you of being weird for taking pics of her, say, "well, I'm not the one driving by your house like a stalker." And leave it at that.