You are here

It just hurts

Frustrated-stepmum's picture

I don't know where to start.

It just hurts

My step daughter started school today. And I wasn't there. But I've never been there. She doesn't know I exist. It's another milestone I've missed.

I haven't seen her since she was 4 weeks old. There is not a day that goes by where I don't think about her. I can't force my husband to see her. But what do I do? What do you do when you want to love someone but can't or are not allowed?

Anon2009's picture

I feel sad for your SD. Kids' lives are so much better when they have a loving dad in the picture.

What do you do when you want to love someone but can't or are not allowed? In this case, you follow your husband's lead. You feel what you feel, but follow his lead. If you're religious, say some prayers for SD.

I pray a lot. Just patience is not my best virtue

My heart breaks for her. A child needs mummy and daddy even if daddy doesn't love mummy.

She is missing out on so much. It shouldn't be like this. I just feel so sad

Igiveupsotornupinside's picture

Why won't or can't her dad see her? That is sad that you miss these moments because by this age you could have such a great bond with her and she is only getting older now. Sad I feel sad for you. Nice to know you love the child that much!

I will say some prayers for you if you don't mind.

Take care. I hope you get to see her again.

It was a very very messy break up when my SD was a baby. The ex made excuses to keep her from him and as the period of time grew the ex used that to her advantage. In the end the fighting between them got so petty my husband decided to keep his distance. He decided that he didnt want his daughter growing up in an arms race

At the time I would have agreed but with each birthday, Christmas and milestone that passes i just feel they are both missing out and maybe it was the wrong decision.

We know the law won't stop us from seeing her. Although this process takes time. My husbands main gripe is that he doesn't want to see his ex. I don't see how could almost punish his daughter because they can't get on

In the mean time my nephew still sees my SD so I hear all about her

It's like looking at something in a shop window you really want but just can't have