You are here

I'm a Paranoid Lunatic!!

Crazy_Psycho's picture

hello, i have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for a year now and he has a 9 month year old son and a 2 year old daughter. the relationship between his ex and myself and my partner is amiacable. However My feelings are getting out of control. i am so paranoid about everything! i think because he already has a boy and a girl it wont be special when we have kids as i cant give him anything he doesnt already have. He says he wants boys and im scared incase i have all girls that his son's going to be the favourite and its gettingw where i dont like it when he bonds with his son. i cant help thinking that if i have any kids that hes going to think same old same ol and not be excited as he would be if it was his first. im getting bitter and angry with it and its destroying our relationship!

please someone talk some sense into me!

Craving Normality's picture

Having a baby is always exciting. My youngest just turned 2 and SO has 3 others. I never once Worried about it not being exciting enough. You should of seen his face- pure joy! Each child is just as amazing as the last, sometimes more special than the next. You will feel it yourself when it happens!

hismineandours's picture

I dont understand when people have these sort of feelings but it appears to be fairly common as I see it come up on this board often. My current dh and I both had children previously from other relationships and then we had one together. I can guarantee you that I have never once ever felt that our dd was less special in any way because she wasnt first. I am also quite certain that my dh never felt this either. I dont love my ds more either because he is the only boy. I love all my children the same. I have somewhat different relationships with all of them because they are different individuals, but again I would never love one of them more or less, becasue they were first last or boy/girl.

Crazy_Psycho's picture

i do agree with you but at the same time it doesnt sink in. i think its mainly because i have no children of my own already so i have no idea. in my mind he has a boy he has girl i cant give him anything different. but at the same time i know i can because he sees them once a week, theyll go through everything with their mam n stepdad. so its a constant emotional battle Sad

cctree82's picture

I actually just found out I'm pregnant about a week ago (my first). My DH has a son and daughter from a previous marriage (SS8, SD4) so they are both very young still. I was a little worried when I found I was prego b/c, like you said, he already has one of each and they're both very young and still fun to be around. I couldn't have been more wrong. He has been incredible thus far...he's sweet and attentive. He tells me all the time how important this baby is and he's even signed up for weekly baby monitoring emails and forwards them to me. We have decided not to tell his kids until everything is confirmed in about a month but he seems really excited and it's all he wants to talk about. He was looking up baby names at work the other day, which made me laugh but still...better than the opposite reaction, I must say. It's a little nauseating to some, I'm sure but just to ease your mind a little I thought I would post my experience.

Crazy_Psycho's picture

i dont find it nausaeating at all, i think its really sweet lol. even though me and my partner are not planning on having any children yet i know he thinks of baby names and says when we have kids ill buy this ill buy that. so i know deep down my dp is looking forward to being a full time dad rather than just once a week. i just feel a bit like hes glad hes got a son now hes familys complete i cant give him anyting different but at the same time i know if we have kids he can see them every day and live with us. so its like ive got a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other lol. i just get myself so wound up and jealous i still get jealous if my dp plays with his ds. i just want the jealousy n paranoia to go away..has it went away with you cctree?