You are here

His EX wife wants control

cmacdonald77's picture

She drives me nuts... She wants to control her children when it's our time! We have a 50/50 split with her and she is not allowed to book football on our time, yet she does... Then when we have previous engagements she gets mad because he missed football... C doesn't care about it and is very happy to have done what we have done as a family, but yet she is insistant that it's not okay. My partner wants to do what's best for "OUR" family, we have 5 kids combined and she wants control of her kids when she doesn't have them... I have no idea how to let it not stress me out or how to just deal with her. She has the oppertunity to book activities on her days. WE book activities on ours and they do not interfeer with hers at all... So for her to intrude on our family is plain old annoying and abnoxious! What have you guys done to deal with this type of situation?

Still Have Hope's picture

He has to tell her to stop this. Her expectations should have no weight in your family. My DH only had to tell his ex one time that she gave up any say in what went on in his house (or on his time) the day the divorce was final.

oneoffour's picture

She can only control your lives if you let her. A simple call to the coach/tutor to say "Sorry, Bobby is unable to attend tomorrow. This is his father's parenting time and he was unaware of the plans."

If it is family BBQs cook-outs etc .... if it works, good. If not, so sorry. Your mother should have called me first. we have other plans.