You are here

Daddy's Girl.....Step Mom hell! Is this what I have to look forward to???

Unhappy1's picture

My SD9 goes with her mom on the weekends and I so look forward to it. Friday came, no kids, off work - and I was excited about having no kids and looking forward to being able to spend some quiet alone time with my husband. I get home and my husband is not there, so I just started getting settled in. A few mins later I hear the garage door open, then hear him coming into the house. I walk to the wash room to greet him and who do I see walking in with him? SD9!! She went straight to her room. So, I looked st him like whats up? He then told me that he went to drop his daughter off at his moms (the bio mom picks her up from his mothers house), but once he got to his mom's house, SD9 didn't want to stay. She started crying and putting on the whole act that she doesn't want to go with her mom. So, instead of him telling her she has to stay he gives in and turns back around and brings her back home. So, I'm standing there looking at him like he had just lost his mind. He then says, "well, i wasnt going to make her go!" Then had the nerve to say, "I'm mad because I had to drive all the way to my mom's and back". WTF? I was done! Night ruined. I put my pajamas on, got in bed and dared him to touch me. I had attitude the rest of the weekend.

I am still a newlywed and it is scary to realize that I'll be dealing with this daddy's girl madness the rest of my life. Now mind you, I have a bio son 8 that also lives with us full time and he had already gone with his dad that Friday for his normal weekend time. So here I am child free, wanting to be with my husband who was also "supposed" to be child free, except he takes that option away by deciding to not make her go with her mom as planned! Ughh!

Stressedmomma's picture

I am in a pretty close situation to yours. Only my husband has 2 daughters, and I have one. Mine is 6 and his are 5 and 7. His 7 year old is very much a daddy's girl and could get away with anything. We have discipline issues when it comes to her. He feels she has been through a lot of trauma with her mother and that she has separation issues. And she may, but at times it causes us to fight. For instance, I don't allow the girls to sleep in our bed with us. Especially on school nights. Mine still tries to sleep with us and I tell her no, and she says ok and goes back to sleep. Well his oldest will come in the room because she's scared and he lets her get right in. Now I'm left feeling like I'm treating my daughter unfairly and that she might think I want his oldest in the bed but not her. I'm completely torn, all the while my husband doesn't understand at all. I feel he thinks I'm only concerned with my daughters feelings and not his daughters. Your story about your step daughter staying on her mothers weekend has happened a few times here and I wasn't happy about it either. I do not have any advice and I'm sorry, I'm actually needing the same advice you're seeking!

StepKidto3Momto3's picture

If that visitation was court ordered, dad could be held in contempt. If he does it enough times, you won't have to worry about SD cause she'll be living with mom.

RedWingsFan's picture

Oh yes, get used to it now if DH won't put his foot down with precious little princess.

And google "mini wife" on this site...she's well on her way to becoming one.

I feel for you girl. It's only gonna get worse from here on out if he doesn't stop it now.