You are here

Being secluded form my new blended family. Help ?

richdash's picture

Recently my girlfriend and two of her children moved in with my son and I. As of the past few weeks I have noticed and started to feel almost left out of my own family. The 16 year old step daughter to be is in an on line school and behind quite a bit. She does little to nothing around the house and leaves a mess everywhere. My woman won’t do anything about this. Even bigger of an issue is that since the child doesn’t do anything at all she expects her mom to spend what seems to be almost every second of the day with her. My woman sits in her room talking to her and hanging out with her to at least 4-5 hours a day and night on average. The last two nights she has seen me a total of maybe 40 minutes. She has been home all day both days as well. Literally spend all night in her daughter’s room with her to just ”hang out”. I feel like my son and I are completely being pushed out and they have their own family while we just live on. I can understand some alone time with your children but this is really bothering me now. I hate to say it but it really hurts and feels like I'm being pushed aside like a red headed step child (pun intended). I now see that I used to do this with my own step father who has done more for me then anyone and feel horrible. I talked to him about it but he had no input. Can anyone give me advise I don’t want this issue to ruin our relationship but I quickly see it doing just that. Thanks!