You are here

What was hardest about the Step situation

Disillusioned's picture

For those who were/are also skids, what have you found the most difficult about this situation?

realitycheckmom's picture

The worst thing is my stepfather was a raging alcoholic that couldn't cope with his shit and had no business being around kids, step or bio. His one bio is a complete asshole just like him with alcohol problems.

Everything was great for me as a stepparent until FDH and I moved in together and the rumblings started. FMIL got BM#1 started and when that didn't work she amped up her BS and PASed skid against FDH and myself. When that didn't work she enlisted FFIL and then they both went to BM#2 and paid her. They destroyed their own son because they wanted SS for themselves. The freaks got their wish. I hope they choke while gloating. They still spread their poison about me even after FDH died. I am trying really hard to be the better person and not let them get me down but we are coming up on the one year anniversary and it is killing me.

emotionaly beat up's picture

The hardest thing was my husband being so desperate for his daughter to like him he lost focus on every one and everything else. He has list 2 sons, 3 grandchildren his father and his sisters, and he has come dangerously close to losing his wife and marriage. All for a daughter who has one goal and one goal only in life. To punish her father for leaving her mother. She has openly admitted she wants to break up our marriage and see him alone and miserable just like her mother was. Then, she'd like to see us both dead. DH just thinks she doesn't mean it.

Now I have a husband in counselling and on antidepressants all over his desperation to have his little girl (in her thirties) like him.

He has failed as a husband and as a father and made all of us in his life miserable, now this obsession has made him sick too.

Missingme's picture

How sad for everyone. Sad  The one adored princess has a lot of power over daddy and the princesses do punish their suckers (daddies) for leaving their mothers/them in their minds.  Pathetic.  If only the DHs knew they could have their cake and eat it too (SD and current wife) by refusing to live in guilt and commanding respect from the SD, and thus everyone else.  

Rags's picture

What a pathetic individual. Too bad that sperm didn't soak into the sheets and saved him, you and the gene pool from that polluted coupling.

smh

jennaspace's picture

I am so sorry your dad stood by. That speaks volumes. I would have called the cops immediately and wanted to kill him (or tried!) if I were your parent!

Disillusioned's picture

I'm sorry that happened to you StepAside. What a horrible let-down that your father didn't stand up about that Sad no one deserves that

Amber1919's picture

The hardest part about being stepkid was how my stepdad's parents treated me. They were cold and distant and Im sure they didn't like their son marrying a divorced woman with kids. Having a stepkid myself the most difficult issue is the discomfort I feel when i am around his bio mom.

Rags's picture

Fortunately my parents and entire family openly welcomed my DW and SS to the family.  I feel for anyone who would say that they are not fully part of and integral to the family.  I particularly feel for anyone who would try to tell my parents that SS is not their GK or tell my brother, his wife, and their three kids that SS is not their nephew and counsin.

And... I have spent a total of about 30 mins in the presence of the Spermidiot and maybe an hour and half in the presence of anyone else in the SpermClan in the nearly 28 years DW and I have been a couple (and the 26+ years we have been married).

Why would you be around BM at all?

Miss T's picture

... sexual abuse. It's a hard thing to talk about, but I will mention it, though I never actually endured it. My mother married a man who tried it on me once. I was 12. I brandished a large knife at him and accompanied the display with a verbal threat, which involved my first-ever use of the f-word and put him off me permanently.

Not every kid is as gonzo as I was, though, nor is every man as cowardly as my mother's husband was, and sexual abuse is a serious issue in stepkid land. The NIH (US health agency) puts the rate of step kids who suffer molestation by step fathers at 17% of girls and ... can't remember ... I think 3% of boys.

Women, if you're thinking of bringing another man's children into a marriage, please please please think again. If you insist on doing it, be careful. I get that the wonderful man you've found would never, and not all men, and women too ...but data don't lie, and neither, usually, do children. Listen to them. My mother did not, and I have 2 younger sisters. 'Nuff said.

KC is not the stepmother's picture

My step-dad is truly a gift, I love the man.

But my late dad's third wife (my mom was his second wife) was his cheat partner and my mom's friend for all of my young life. My dad married her and that lasted less than two years. She is still alive and I understand she has Alzheimer's.  Her son-in-law called me and asked me to help him with paperwork to get her medi-cal (California's medicaid). I really wanted to tell him that I wouldn't pee on her if she were on fire but I am too nice of a person so I gave him the information he needed. 

MissTexas's picture

a lot about responsibility, honesty, loyalty and taking care of yourself physically. He was very hard working, and respected. One character flaw: he was an alcoholic. This stemmed from his brother's suicide, and my step-father was always suspected of having a role in his shooting death. When he would drink heavily, he would always go to his guns. Many times it was very frightening.

I was 15 when he walked out of my life, and my soul wept. He had been my "father" for 10 years, and though it wasn't "perfect" and I wasn't a "princess" he represented stability where there had never been any, as my mother was a bar hopper. t was a very tough time. My biological father walked out when I was less than a year old. I wasplanning on  going to meet him when I turned 18, but he died at age 42 of cancer the summer  before that could happen. 

My step-father had 3 sons (older than myself) prior to marryiing my mother. There was a 13 year age difference between him and my mom. Unfortunately, she could not stay faithful to him, which caused their divorce.

This isn't step related, but things happend after he left that shouldn't have ever happened. My mother brought all kinds of men into the home and their motives weren't always pure. 'Nuff said here.

I never again got to put my eyes on my step-father after he walked out of my life, and that was very tough. He passed away in the spring of 2012. 

The middle step-son is back in my life after many years. I have enjoyed our visits and discussing his father and all that he was to me and how he impacted my life greatly.

I don't really consider myself a step-parent, as his "kids" are older and were when we met. The hardest thing with this dynamic is realizing that even when I have asked him not to discuss things with them personally, he does it anyway. And I'm not just talking about marital things, but surgeries I have had in the past. That is none of thier business, and it really upsets me thinking about how I specifically asked him not to say anything to them because I hadn't even told MY OWN KIDS. So, yeah, not being able to trust him the way I can be trusted, and knowing he will never stand up for me as I would for him has been upsetting.