You are here

Very tired. Feeling Rejected. All You Want Is A Chance

Your girl's picture

My husband comes from a family local with no boundaries and a ton of unsolicited opinions.

I love him but his daughter (who initially liked me), decided I was trash based on the things she assumed or found out about me from her father.l and put 2 & her imagination together.

SD cut DH off from seeing Grandkids if I came.  I did not want this to happen.  It almost destroyed my marraige.  I could not be married if my husband did not say to his daughter. " She has done nothing wrong, we are married, you need to at least be civil to us both."

He did and she cut him off.  Now extended family is involved due to covid.  And "even though I am immunocompromised and been told to stay out of the fray".  They are injecting opinions about covid and my health , swirling around his daughters accusations.  Assuming I have isolated him.  We even offered to Skype on Christmas but that was no.  I sent Christmas cards, no one said a thing.  I have not seen my own famiiy abroad for 3 years.  Thank you pandemic.

To save my sanity I have asked my husband "not to discuss my personal business with his family.  Just to be very vague and blame it on my upbringing.  I have been so skewered by unsolicited opinions, I am starting to not want to talk about my stuff.  
I believe that just because folks are family, they do not get a pass to be disrespectful, injecting opinions and drama.

I want to move to New Zealand or Spain right now.

But I want my husband to be happy too.  They just have no boundaries.  My own family did not but then I drew them and they started to let me live my life.

JRI's picture

Your in-laws and SD sound awful.  Just focus on yourself and making your DH happy.   We all have the fantasy that we will all be one happy family but sometimes it just isn't possible.  The less toxic people in your life, the better off you'll be.  Good luck.