You are here

New here, 2 adult SD driving me crazy!

jennynpat's picture

My DH and I have been together for 13 years. SDs are 23 and 22 and I did help with raising them a bit. Fast forward a bit. Older SD got preggo at 16 and she had another a year ago. Younger SD has a 2 yr old. The older one ALWAYS has drama, recently its she lost her license and car got impounded, someone broke into her house, now she has to quit her job cuz she dont have a car, blah blah. Her son lives with his daddy and her little girl well she has her sometimes, not so sure who has her other times. She always has drama. The 22 y/o is the bigger issue. She was ok til she turned 18, then she moved in with us for a little but I had just had our 1st daughter. SD lived with us for 6 months then moved out with her BF. Then she went crazy. Did a ton of stuff for attention, even went to 3 psych wards cuz she "tried" to kill herself. I whole heartedly believe that was all for attention. We thought she was on drugs. She got preggo then just like instantly was better. She has always been the one to want the attention and she even told me she was mad when I got pregnant cuz the attention shifted off her and onto the baby. She doesn't come around much but she says its because we don't invite her which is not true. She will occasionally respond to our texts. We sat down about 2 weeks ago and had a conversation and she says she still upset about some things that happend with her dad when they were little. She again stated she was mad about us having our 2nd daughter. She is mad that we give them attention. She wants to be the center of our lives. She is very manipulative and condescending. I truely believe she is a sociopath. My DH says he's tired of them both blaming him for stuff that happend 20 years ago and he has apologized and tried to be a better father but its never good enough. He has been there for them as long as we have been together and its still an issue. He is now of the mind that if they come around that's fine but he is done feeling like the bad guy and until they get their shit together he is done. I am too but it is hard and I am getting pissed at their behavior. Any insight or similar stories?

crushed step-mom's picture

StepAside just explained it all in a nut-shell. Couldn't have said it any better myself! Our stories are very similar except I only have 2 of the monsters!

SugarSpice's picture

the young women need to grow up. at least your DH is willing to admit he knows what is going on. you are lucky.

i think most bio dads buy into the guilt and blame the SM for all ofthe problems with their children. they dont discipline out of guilt. I dont know how many times the kids of the DH have hurt his feelings, taken him for granted or forgot fathers day.