You are here

Jean kassem throws raw meat at stepdaughter as she forcefully takes her father to hospital!

LONGTIME SM's picture

A little bizarre but really don't blame her. The man is dying. Probably has only weeks or months to live. Yet stepdaughter is going to force ably throw her father into an unknown hospital setting away from the people that he has lived with and who have cared for him over 33 years! Has this woman ever taken care of him before? Who is more of a stranger to him - Kerri the adult daughter he sees occasionally or his wife jean and younger daughter liberty whom he has lived with for over 33 years? unbelievable that any court would force visitation for a child over the wishes of the existing spouse. Courts have ALWAYS allowed the spouse to make end of life decisions for each other often against the wishes of their mates parents! How is this different? What gives an adult step child the right to step in and attempt to supersede the rights of the spouse given that their allegations of abuse have repeatedly been false and unproven as anything other than allegations. Kerri is a scientologist and jean says that her husband would never want her in charge of his medical care for that reason - he did not support this religion which seems plausible and certainly within his rights.

I also read reports that mr kassems brother had not spoken to jean since she married Casey. If that is true then what would ever make him think she would have any inclination to open her house to him now. He should have realized that he might want to be a little more accepting years earlier. It sounds as though Casey's family all sided with the ex wife and the first family against jean from the very beginning. Now they expect her to have a revolving door policy because he's dying?

I feel so sorry for jean and liberty. They are the ones that have nursed Casey day in and day out. They are probably exhausted and worn out. Then for these opportunistic adult children to make a media free for all out of the end of their fathers life is horrendous. Kerri is benefiting financially from this as she has parlayed this into name recognition. She lists herself as an actress but has had only 7 small parts of minor movies since the early 1990s.

In the tape today of Kerri moving her father to a hospital jean yells at her as she is leaving something about all of the counseling they had paid for for her hadn't helped her a bit. That news also didn't surprise me. Seems to me it's time for jean to start spilling all of the back history - no holding back

I doubt that she will though as I read that she is a very private person. Kerri and company should be thankful

I also read that in prior court fillings jean has stated that Casey had been sending the adult babies anywhere from 50-150 thousand a month. She produced a check for 50k that was one of the more recent checks written to Julie - Kerri's sister. Jean also claimed that she had facilitated the meeting with them in 2007 when the step adults had instead of visiting with dear old dad instead gotten him to sign off on the medical power of attorney naming them that they tried to take to court. This is one of the reasons jean says that she stopped facilitating meetings with them and their dad. I don't blame her.

If Casey's brother has not spoken with jean since Casey married her, Casey already knew this and stayed married to her for over 33 years. He must not have cared and valued his marraige more than having his brother over to his home. All of the pictures you see of the two of them show two very happy people. He chose to stay married to jean and to continue living with her

They seem devoted to one another and I would imagine that both would want the other there by their side when the end was near. I can understand why jean does not want a parade of visitors coming in her home now of all times. This poor lady and her husband deserve some peace so they don't have to find a place to hide out from press and relatives who want to visit primarily to assauge their own guilt or to try to "win" control of daddy away from step mom. I can't imagine anyone who would think that a revolving door of visitors who Casey probably would no longer recognize can be good for him. So so selfish on their parts.

I doubt that any of these so called relatives and friends has even considered that the right thing to have done would have been to approach jean and ask how they could help her as opposed to declaring war. Taking care of a dying loved one is traumatic enough Unbelievable how self centered these people are.

NotYetSM's picture

I agree we all know all step kids are a pain in the neck Wink but that doesn't mean some stepmoms aren't crazy!

Disneyfan's picture

And his wife stayed with a man who allowed his kids to treat her like crap.

I think the wife may be just as greedy as the nasty kids. What in the world attractive,sexy...about a man who allows his children to disrespect the woman he claims to love???? She put up with this nonsense for 30 years. Sorry, but I believe his deep pockets played a part in her sticking around.

Disneyfan's picture

I'm not dismissing his humanitarian work. I’m just saying that not correcting his kids from day one was wrong. In my opinion, his wife putting up with it for three decades is just insane. I can't imagine staying with a man who allows his kids, family and/or friends to mistreat me. The amount of money he has and the size of his heart wouldn't matter to me. The only thing that would matter would be his inability to protect our child and me from his older kids. I honestly believe that the money may have played a part in the choices both camps have made over the years.

This whole story is disgusting.

Newimprvmodel's picture

Does not surprise me.. I hate to say it, but kasey is now dealing with the monsters he has created. I am not saying it is right, but predictable. Sad for his wife and daughter........
This stuff would give me nightmares because my dh's dsughters are just as vicious and their mother is a calculating sociopath.
So every money step,I take I will need to think very carefully..
Hopefully, jean and her daughter are well protected, but still they will be in for a battle royal once the man passes..

Newimprvmodel's picture

I looked at video. Jean will be made to be a crazy by Kerri in court. Big mistake.
Again, her husband fed the bears for years, so to speak. It made them aggressive and entitled.. What goes around comes around.
I feel sorry for them .

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

The judge set a very scary precedent here. 2nd marriages will offer no legal protection against spiteful steps.

herewegoagain's picture

I find it amusing when people say that the kids are NOT about the money. Well, at one point I thought it's not just the money, they just want to screw the ex…but the more I think about it the more obvious it has become. With the HUNDREDS of well-off Hollywood and Sports people who grew up in single parent homes, without knowing their father…I don't EVER recall a SINGLE ONE OF THEM wanting to be near their father…why is that? Oh, because they HAD MORE MONEY than their father, thus they could care less that he moved on…even those who knew their parents and their parents were divorced, we NEVER hear anything about them fighting the wife for custody/visitation, etc…why? Because again, most of the people WITH money themselves do NOT give a rat's ass about a parent who has moved on and remarried…it is ONLY when that parent has more money than they do that all of a sudden they LOVE their father and want to be close when he dies…gotta love it.

zerostepdrama's picture

I havent really been following the story or even the blogs on here about this....

BUT... did Casey have no relationship with his bios and now all of the sudden they have showed an interest in him?

I guess I am very confused why we are assuming the daughter is only coming around because her father is now so sick and because she wants his money. Where did this idea come from?

momof5_1969's picture

The news reports say that she tossed it toward Kerri, it didn't hit her -- and she said something about the throwing the meat to the dogs (something to that effect). I live in Washington and it's all over the news up here. Crazy.

Here's the thing, my step kids have made me crazy a time or two and I've lost it. The time I lost it I began screaming at the top of my lungs for oldest step daughter (then 22) to "get out" and began throwing her stuff down the stairs and out the front door, continued to throw her stuff towards her car -- all the while screaming to get out. I snapped. It was not one of my better moments, but I'd HAD IT!! I had held it together for so long and put up with so much crap -- I did snap.

I can't say that I wouldn't go off like Jean did too if my skids were doing the same thing. I know this much, my DH would NOT want his kids caring for him over me. He would be incredibly upset if his kids did something like this -- and we've been married almost 8 years, not 35 years like Jean and Casey.

I just hope that he is allowed to go back with his wife once the doctors determine that he is fine and was getting proper care.

LONGTIME SM's picture

According to an interview Kerri gave last fall her dad used to visit her and her siblings every weekend when he was well. Seperately without jean. Sound familiar. Jean disengaged years earlier. Kerri said they including the ex got together enjoying Lebanese food and conversation. Kerri also said that jean continued these visits for Casey after Casey got sick by sending him over by a driver but that she stopped last fall. The date that it stopped seemed to coincide with when his health declined and he could no longer talk and became bedridden. Wonder how the kids expected jean to continue sending him over? By ambulance?

Kerri also claims that when she complained about jean to her dad he told her that jean was insecure and that things would get better. Since Kerri was a child when they married this discussion had to occurred over 10 years or more after jean and Casey were married. Kerri also stated that she had told her father to leave jean and come live with people that loved him!!!!!!!!

Obviously Casey did not leave. Kerri's logic for this was that Casey was too honorable a man to leave -she claims he said he had made vows with jean and had to keep them. using this logic Kerri went on to say that Casey would still have remained married to her mother if her mother had not divorced him ( supposedly due to his angry temper outbursts).

Sounds like Casey tried like many of the st husbands to keep the peace by seeing everyone seperately. But he also engaged in talking with the stepkids behind jeans back saying she was insecure so that the steps told him to come live with them- people that loved him. Sounds so much like so many posters lives on here. Sure looks like Casey caused a lot of the entitlement and divide himself.

When Casey could no longer visit them in thier homes what did the adult babies expect would happen? they expected jean who they had no relationship with to have them in her home for hours on end in an open door policy? I can't imagine any of us in the midst of nursing and caring for our dying spouse would want people who vilified us in our homes causing I'm sure further stress. When they did sign an agreement for visits with Casey the adult steps complained about the length of the visits saying they were too short! Kerri refused to sign the agreement to see her dad because heaven forbid jean from being allowed any limits on her intrusion. According to Kerri jeans asking for time limits was akin to placing her in prison. Of course it was okay for her to essentially place jean in prison by Kerri's demanding unrestricted access in jeans home.

Who knows everything that has gone on during this 35 year blended marriage. Jean did allude to past pshyciatric care for Kerri. It may have been years of hell like we read about from our fellow step talkers. Jean snapped. I came close to snapping when my adult middle aged steps informed me they had rights to my children that surpassed mine because they shared blood! I think many many of us on here can identify - this is why we constantly recommend the peace that disengagement brings.

But after years of disengagement is this what we have to look forward to?

The implications of this case are staggering for stepfamilies. Think of having to be forced to entertain adult stepkids who loathe you during this time in the future with your own spouse. Think of the adult step kids that would demand to show up not because they care about dad but want to aggravate sm. those of you with adult steps that steal from you would have to worry about what they take out of your home each time they visit. Plus others would be in your home assessing what they want to inherit. Don't think it won't happen as I have seen this behavior first hand with other elderly relatives. The girlfriend of one relative was walking around one elderly relatives home turning over rugs and vasesto find out the brands to mentally estimate their worth. Had another elderly relative scammed of around 250k by a step grandson she hadn't seen in 30 years who came in like gangbusters in her last couple of years after she became infirm. Man was a self proclaimed evangelist which appealed to her religious side and he talked her out of everything including family heirlooms. So yes there are vultures out there who do this even in the name of god! You don't have to have 80 million to have this happen to you.