You are here

ignored AGAIN!

cris's picture

again still no luck with my husbands kids acknowledging me and just ignoring me another weekend! This time I was able to leave though and pull myself away from it . I guess that's what I need to start doing. three years of this stuff going back and forth. ugh!

Great Mom but horrified Stepmom's picture

How stressful! Ugh. Can you try and bring your own peeps into the house while the SK's are there? Take back some of the space and power in the household. At least for a few hours. Make the SK's feel a bit uncomfortable. It'll be good for them to see that YOU are powerful enough to invite people into the house and host but they are not.

sandye21's picture

Same thing used to happen to me and instead of seeing the rudeness and calling SD on it, DH would support SD. So glad I don;t have to put up wiht that anymore. As SA said she wishes she could go back and throw a fit. If this is anything to learn from, stop the rude behavior now - not 20 years later like I did.

forgotten wife's picture

Me, too! I don't want them in my life anymore. Now, they're invisible to me and that's how I like it. My only regret is wasting so much time, money, and caring for them. I could have been making my life better instead of theirs.

I will never go back to that.

Amber Miller's picture

We took psycho princess brat on a trip with us to go fishing. It was like I wasn't even there. I essentially spent 4 days alone. while we were fishing,I was so hurt at the time watching daddy paddle in his float tube to stay next to princess as he marveled in every fish she would catch. The only time he would talk to me was to yell across the lake to tell me that psycho caught a fish. I didn't even spend 5 minutes with him alone that day. He was too busy showering princess brat with his attention. We were out there for at least 6 hours. At least our fishing guide was there with us. He's such a nice guy and has known DH for over 15 years. He is aware of the fact that princess brat is a problem and he knows the history as to why DH feels like he has to make something up to her. Its a long, sick story but what I am trying to say is that it was nice to have such a nice person to hang out with. This was the day that I learned the type of power she had over him.

WSM wants peace's picture

Ditto, been there, done that. I understand that the unhealthy relationship that my DH has with SD has lasted her lifetime and got worse after BM died 12 years ago. His relationship with SS is just the opposite, more distant and communication only when necessary, more cordial. I feel sorry for SS, who sits quietly by, as SD receives all the accolades, whether she deserves them or not. SD can do no wrong and in DH's words, SS is a knucklehead. The sad part is the SS is a wonderful husband and father, with a great career and the SD has made a mess of her life. Granted, SD has a good job but her manipulative, underhanded, nasty, personality and her poor choices make her difficult to want to be near. When she's around, I try my best to be in another room, watching her cling to DH's side is sickening.

Amber Miller's picture

Sickening is a great word to describe this display that SD and DH put on. One of my family members commented that it seems like they are having an affair because DH sneaks around to call princess brat as he doesn't want to talk to her in front of me. Of course he does this because I become enraged when I hear him talk to her and he always says " it's so great to hear your voice" ( that's the line that disgusts me the most. He never says anything like that to me or anyone else including his other kids just little precious daughter). Now I leave the room and blasts the TV if hecanswers her calls because the dialogue is so nauseating. It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't such a condescending, ungrateful, cruel, backstabbing piece of trash but she is and he kisses her as$ because she is such a loser.

WSM wants peace's picture

We're married to the same man! I mentioned to DH how nice it would be if he could talk to me on the phone in a similar manner, giggling and speaking in sweet tones. He just didn't know what I was talking about. Shocker!