You are here

How Did I Get HERE?

frustratedstepdad's picture

Do any of you ever just sit and think to yourself..."How in the hell did I get HERE?" I think back to when I was a teenager, and if you had told me that I would be married with four co-dependant stepdaughters who can't stand me and with no kids of my own, I would have laughed out loud at you.

Should've made that left turn at Albuquerque.....LOL.

Poodle's picture

Which do you think is more the issue, ~FSD, having the 4 harpies or not having any bios of your own?

Ready for Freedom's picture

FSD...I think that all the time!!! The only thing holding it together is that I am still very in love with my DH. Do you still love your DW? Does that help you cope? Are the stepdaughters still living in the house with you? From what I read on these boards it doesn't seem to matter if they live in the house or not - they are still trouble - but at least you don't have to see them everyday if they live outside the house. Are you thinking about leaving your DW because of the step-brats?

muscle mama's picture

luckymomme - are you the one that lives in the sticks? With the abusive DH? I think you need your own individual therapy. Your DH can F-off. NO WAY IN HELL would I allow myself to be ORDERED into counseling w/a SD- F that!! Counseling will help you figure out why you allow someone to abuse you. And I have been in your shoes, believe me - I know what you're going thru (the abuse, that is).

rainbow bright83's picture

If I was given your options I would pack my shit. I know its sometimes easier said than done, But These are grown kids you are talking about. It doesn't seem like it gets any better (when the skids become adults). So I'd let them have their crazy and I'd get out.

rainbow bright83's picture

I have been thinking the same thing since 2006! lol I always thought I would live alone in some tiny apartment with 50 cats. Now I have three kids and 2 step monsters and a husband that likes to wear his blinders 24/7. If only there were a time machine and I could go back and warn my younger self! lol

dadsnewwife's picture

If anyone had told me 10 years ago what my life would look like NOW, I would have said they were crazy. 10 years ago, I had an intact family, a beautiful home and a dh with a good job although the marriage wasn't doing well, I stayed committed and did the best I could. I now have a new dh who has a few "issues" of his own along with 3 drug addicts for sons!! UGH