You are here

Adult ss stealing

dont know which way to turn's picture

Let give some background I have raised him since he was 18 months old his real dad didn't give a crap about him until it came time for taxes each year at ten he started having issues from starting fires to hurting animals and fighting in school even an accusation of molestation on a young child yes we had him in conseling and meds he was diagnosed bi polar with or with out meds he has no empathy or guilt he is a habitual liar and a thief my wife is disabled and he steals her Paul meds on a regular basis and sells them age doesn't take them then he has the guts to ask for them to see because we secured them outside of the house and he gets mad at her he won't get a job he would rather con everybody into giving him money .About two months ago we made my ss move out he's 19 because the sheriffs office came to door about someone shooting at a house at that point I had enough he admitted to his mom it was him and she went as far as helping him and his friend repaint truck so it wouldn't be recognized. Well about four weeks later our house was broken into and only stuff that belonged to me was taken my wife told the police it was probably her son well it turned out he pawned everything under his own name we got most of it back and I still want to press charges but her whole family says its unfair because he will be branded for life. To me it was his choice he has ro live with consequences but now I'm the bad guy for doing this I love my wife and daughter but I feel some need to take a stand before he hurts someone or gets killed himself. But am I wrong?

Toooldfor this's picture

Been there, done that!!! He will not stop until someone takes a stand, promise me, I know from experience. How does your wife feel about pressing charges??

She was all for it she knows he needs to face what he has done but now her holyier that thou mother can't belive he would do it and her drug addict brother have been working on her and she is waiving on it and now she is putting guilt trip because I have barred him from the house that she can't see him or spend time because of me. I don't care if she sees him away from house I know he is still her son.

Toooldfor this's picture

I have honestly been right where you are without the support of DH. You and DW are the parents and in this case the victims. Please press charges and tell the MIL to back off!!! He will not stop until someones stops him. My SS's biological parents ignored his early criminal activity and it just got worse and worse. I feel for you, you are in a very difficult position.

thelaststraw's picture

PRESS CHARGES!!!!

WTF is it with people and all the "it's not their fault, so-and-so was raised so that..." BS?!?!? Or better "he really is a nice person, it's just that..."

How about this - people should be accountable for their actions. Period. Nothing else.

My favorite also - "it's not your place to say..."

My response has always been "It is my place because it's not my place. I don't care what people think about me. They need to be given the Come-to-Jesus with a quickness."

thelaststraw's picture

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS.

If nothing else - help the rest of us out so we don't have someone building up a bodycount.

Orange County Ca's picture

Oh by all means press charges and see what firestorm that sets off.

Seriously you could be this kids first murder.

I know all about being a man and protecting ones self and family but you've got a tiger by the tail and the best thing to do would be to let go and hope he runs into the jungle.

When the (robbery/killing) spree starts maybe you'll still be around when he gets his life term.

Yea here is a good continuation now my wife is having dinner wither her ex and their son tonight I just can't wait to see what this is going to bring.

Well the DA is pressing felony charges but the drug addicted uncle is paying 5000 retainer for high end attorney. Why can't people just let him take responsibility for his actions I swear last night my wife had enough he demanded that she kick me out so he can live at home thank god she stood by me and told him to never call her again she is tired of his drama. FINALLY she did it.

Nellie's picture

You need to press charges! If you don't, then he will know that he can steal anything from you without consequence. If your wife gives you a hard time, remind her that HE is the THEIF, and YOU are the VICTIM. You don't deserve to be hassled, he does.

Well the little bastard did it I'm moving out this weekend my wife is so manipulated by him she has forgave him and says I don't see the good in him dam right there is none at this point he needs help hell she needs help I've had it I throw in the towel at least ill will be able to keep my daughter safe.

LostinSpaceandTime's picture

Yes you are standing up for yourself and your daughter. Keep her safe from the madness.
Best wishes. Be sure to follow up for both of you with some family counseling , this will be a difficult time.
But it too shall pass.