You are here

what i got to do

lian's picture

i have a 24 years old step daughter who still live at home.she eat free, live free,drive her dad car everyday for free.i never seen a girl so lazy like her. everytime when i talk to myhusband about her moving out, my husband always tell me that she has nowhere to go, just give her a little time to find a full time job.i dont know how long i should wait ,three years or ten years. what i got to do? please give me some advice thanks.

lian's picture

my husband wont tell her nothing, he feel sorry for her because she has nowhere to go. when she went to university she borrowed too much money, now it is time to pay back, my husband trying to help her, that is why she told me that this is her dad's house, if i dont like it ,i am the one to move out.i am thinking all the time why i need to take this?

Orange County Ca's picture

It's never to late to move back to the old country.

This is often a problem with kids today. We encourage them to go to school, borrow money if necessary, but there are no jobs for a college graduate. Especially if they get a degree in something called "Humanities", Arts etc.

So this kid can't get a job and owes thousands of dollars so Daddy is going to let her stay until she gets married and maybe then her husband will move in also because he has no money.

I think maybe you either live with this or divorce him as a bad idea. If he has to make a choice, you or his kid, he will never throw his kid out on the street. Would you?