You are here

Termination of parental rights for non biological SD12

big momma's picture
Forums: 

My DH has been paying child support for 2 years for SD12. He has all along known that SD was not his child. In our GREAT state the courts don't care about DNA. Since he behaved as her father for the first year of her life he has to be fully responsible for CS and everything until she is 18! So a year and a half ago my DH was trying for full custody of her. BM saw the writing on the wall and 10 days before court made a false accusation of abuse against my DS16. We couldn't believe SD12 could be brainwashed to tell such a lie. We were advised to just "Let her go!" We did not go to court as I was afraid she would make up something worse about my sons. Since then we have seen her at public functions. Her mother would take her the other way or cover her ears on occasion and yell at us to leave her alone, Then magically last year she sent her over for three nights. We were uncomfortable the whole time for the safety of my boys. When she left we took a video of her and not only was she healthy from head to toe but she was happy. We have talked to her briefly through text messages. She was texting us back but all of a sudden she has been stone silent. Her sister, SD13, says BM won't let her see or talk to us. My husband has requested to visit fora few hours this Thurs. BM is not responding. She is totally PASing this little girl. At this point we are going to formally ask for visitation every other week for 4 hours when my boys are not here, by my request. We know she won't cooperate and since this child is not his, mom has been having her call her live-in BF "Dad" for years and we don't think we can undue all the damage that has been done we may seek to terminate his parental rights. BM claims her BF is her husband so I guess he could adopt her. In my heart this hurts as we know she is not treated well there. I feel we are abandoning her. Has anyone else gone through this?

big momma's picture

The nerve of these women to falsely accuse people of abuse because a)they feel entitled to CS money and b)they have no soul! I couldn't sleep at night if I did this to someone. I could not do this to someone. I will take your advice and protect the people in this family.

silentnites's picture

It has happened to my nephew. He loves his three children like nothing else, he is a good father. Him and his ex have two boys and a girl. His ex made false accusations about him sexually assaulting his daughter. He lost custody of all three, he lost all contact and visitation. They questioned his gf at the time about her two daughters. She was appalled, knew it to be completely false, made a statement confirming it was false, and the two did not live together. GF's daughters were young teens and they took them out of school to question them without her knowledge. Girls said he was a great man, and verified they did not live in the same home. GF saw the writing on the wall and got out of the relationship quick, who could blame her?

Fast forward to four long years later with many court hearings, psychiatry visits, lawyers, and still no approved visits approved. Daughter had been immediately taken to the dr after accusation (court chosen Dr.) and the Dr. said no evidence of abuse, sexual or otherwise. It went in the file.

Ex wife meets new man four years later and decides she needs alone time with the man minus the kids. She made accusations but they put a damper on her social life. The ex goes to court and says she "LIED" about it..all of it..... It goes in the file. It took my nephew one more year to see those kids....NOTHING happened to BM....NOTHING..Now he is building a relationship with his children, he has only had visitation reinstated for 6 months.

I feel your pain. It has been a horrible thing for him and our family.

big momma's picture

That is a nightmare! Your poor nephew and his children. Why don't these family courts pull their heads out of their butts and take care of correcting and punishing false accusers? They should also lose custody of their children and have to pay legal fees for the defendants. That would get their attention.
Sad