You are here

So tired of unfair treatment...

RosePearl's picture
Forums: 

It has been a long time since I have posted on here. Needless to say nothing has been better.

After he was severed she then served him with a contempt charge as she kept sending the kids over with a cellphone and calling it constantly. He took the phone away so that he could actually spend time with the kids. He would let them call her before they went to bed at night so, she is bringing him to court for that. She is also holding him in contempt because he hasn't paid his half of the medical bills. Funny how that works out, since he has NEVER seen them. She would text, you owe me for medical bills, no amount, no bill, just a text. It took a court order by his attorney to get these bill. He is holding her in contempt for keeping him from the kids, not including him on any decisions that are made about the children (they have joint legal), and taking them out of state without notifying him.

She ends up sending a letter after SO 2nd attempt to get the medical bills stating that she has been taking SS to a therapist and he has been diagnosed for severe depression (this is shocking to both of us since he is the happiest little boy at our home). She wants 1/2 of those bills because the therapist is out of network (she also has this child listed under her newly married name to see this therapist). She then provides paper medical bills dating all the way back to 2009 (that have yet to be paid by her admission). She also has never provided info on either SS doctors, insurance, or school information. SO has never seen a report card in the 3 years the children have been in school. She goes around acting as if she has sole custody but can't seem to grasp the concept that she didn't have these children alone.

The attorneys meet for a pre-trail on the modification to the parenting agreement. SO had suggested moving forward with a state appointed mediator as he did not want to spend the money on a GAL as he will likely be paying for his attorney's fees and her since she is unemployed. His attorney warned him that the state mediator is generally sided toward the woman but he thought since it was free it is worth giving a try. SO and BM meet with the mediator yesterday, she started doing everything she normally does (i.e. exaggerating, lying, crying, generally being dramatic) at the beginning of the mediaton the mediator immediately jumps to BM's side but as time passes and BM is caught in lies the mediator starts to catch on. The mediator even states that it seems that what BM does is in BM's best interest and not the children's. SO went out of the meeting feeling cautiously optimistic. Then he receives the letter today for the mediator's summary of the meeting and it only discusses BM side! She barely acknowledges that he is in the room just BM is mad about this and BM thinks BF is doing all this out of spite. Not to mention many of the facts are completely wrong which we have proof by emails and texts from BM, it is like the "mediator" went out of her way to caterer to the BM because she is the BM!

I have never seen my SO so upset, it has brought him to tears. The SO has provided this woman with a car, increased her child support every time he gets a raise, works with her on everything and tried to caterer to her every whim in order to make things better for the children. But of course he has been lumped into the "dead beat Dad" category because he is a male.

I am upset and he is upset. We all used to get along but when she saw that SO and I were getting serious, she lost it. She even admits that this is directly related to me. She says that he became "more controlling" of her when we started dating. If someone could make that make sense it would be a surprise to me. She is married and has a son with another man! Why he let's her get away with this I have no idea? I would be pretty upset if my wife/husband was obsessed with their ex.

Why is it that SO has done everything for her and the kids and she doesn't see it that way? Why are the courts so against the men? Why do we have to pay an EXTREMELY high priced lawyer just to try to get things on a level playing field? Everything he has purposed to her is 50/50 and she won't stand for it. She has to have more holidays and more time with the kids because she doesn't have a job or career and hasn't her entire life. HER ENTIRE LIFE IS HER KIDS! I would think that it would be a good thing but she literally has separation anxiety from her kids. She even admitted that in the mediation but does the mediator acknowledge that? Of course not. Does the mediator acknowledge that the BM exaggerated every story? Nope. The mediator even said in the meeting that it is not up to SO or BM if I will get rid of my cat (BM is sure that one of the boys is deathly allergic to the cat, he has yet to show a symptom and he has yet to see a test). Yet, in the letter to the attorneys it states that if SO sees a form stating that SS is allergic that he will get rid of the cat. Since it isn't his property he is going to have one hell of a time trying to get rid of it. She is just looking for any reason to have control in our life

SO is ready to just give up at this point, BM had 3 fathers in her life, all of them are terrible examples for a Father so when she sees a father taking care of his kids she just doesn't get it.

I wish that I had a question to all this but I don't. It seems that this is just the reality. The court system will always see her as a victim, as a martyr for choosing to stay at home with the kids because she didn't want to get an education or career. And those of us who choose to have a better life will always pay. We pay financially and emotionally, but who cares right? He is just a man!

Anon2009's picture

Is there a court order outlining the split of custody, who has the kids when, how much SO has to pay in CS, etc? If there isn't, I recommend getting one. I also recommend keeping a documentation trail on BM. Print off all texts and emails pertaining to her. Ask your lawyer if SO can record his conversations with her. Take pictures of your SSs when they're in your home so you can prove to the court that they're not allergic to the cat.

I really hope you can keep your cat! If the court decides that SS is allergic to the cat, you might want to consider leaving SO. I hope it doesn't come to that, but that would be a deal-breaker for me. No court is going to tell me to get rid of my pets. Period.

ddakan's picture

BM had 3 fathers and doesn't know what a real father does? That is bullshit. She is being a bitch because she can get away with it...and she gets away with it!

Been where you are....it never frikin ends.

mommyto6's picture

I want to cry for you and your SO! It was like reading what we are currently dealing with/have been dealing with for years-everything right down to the doctor bills and allergy mess. It seems never-ending. We are ready to just give up. It's going to bankrupt us if we keep fighting. The part where you state that it's like she feels she has sole custody instead of joint is exactly the way our lives are. I hope things go better for you than it has for us.

BabyRN's picture

That sounds like exactly what we are going through, allergies, dr bills and all about BM's manipulating the courts and mediator. My DH has joint custody, but is treated like a lazy father with no rights and he is doing everything he can for his daughter. I also hope things get better for you, than they are for us. and we feel the same way as you mommyto6

RosePearl's picture

Anon, thanks for the advice. We are documenting every text and email. I didn’t think about the pictures. I will definitely do that! A parenting plan was put in place 7 years ago before one of the boys was even born so a lot of things are out of date. SO wants to get the schedule changed since he has a 9-5 job now. The courts and BM are holding it against him that he finished school (they were married at 18, divorced by 21) and has a successful career. The current parenting agreement states that he gets the boys 3:30-9 Wednesday through Friday and every other weekend. As you can guess when you work until 5 or 5:30 that 3:30 schedule doesn’t work so well (not the mention the kids aren’t out of school at that time) and as she lives about 30 minutes away when he gets the kids on the week nights he barely gets to spend time with them because it takes so long to get to our home and hers. She recognizes that and the courts do but they are playing it off as he doesn’t care about his sons because he is trying to arrange one overnight during the week and overnights Friday through Monday morning. Not what is reasonable and economical!

I wish I could say I'm glad that someone else understands where we are coming from but I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Isn't that just crazy?

Thank you all for your support. I can’t talk to any of my friends and family members about this because they have never had to deal with such a thing. I am glad that you all understand.

sherbear01's picture

RosePearl, I am so sorry you are going through this. My DH and I are going through a very similar situation. I think it is disgusting how Dad's are treated in the court system. You are right they treat them all like they are dead beat dads and the moms are the victims, no matter how involve the Dad's are trying to be. It's almost laughable now to think about why there is so much domestic violence in the world now. I mean the Dad's are often pushed to their limits both emotionally and finacially. Often the courts provide them with no recourse and they are desparate. Sorry that's my own little rant.

I hope you are able to get some resolution to this.

january37's picture

That is horrible and frankly it's not anything new. My DH and I used a point appointed mediator and she had the nerve to tell me that I was the cause for the divorce. I literally laughed at her and said, No. The cause of the divorce was the two of them that both gave up on their marriage. My DH tried to work it out with his ex, however she refused and thought getting pregnant would be a great answer. Of course that didn't last. The court system is a joke and they ALWAYS favor the BM, which is just crazy because it takes 2 people to make a child. We've almost gone bankrupt also, and we refuse to give up because that is not the right thing to do. So many of these BM's are just angry because their marriage failed and they want to get revenge, it's just that simple! Hopefully things will get better.

Cara B's picture

I really get tired of how women are allowed to get away with being completely unreasonable. The court system always allows women to manipulate and get away with things a man and good father would be arrested in contempt for. My experience has been that most women act this way and it is embarassing to be a woman. My husband has been dragged through the mud and pays child support that is not used for the child. There is so much more drama associated with being a step-mother that I could sit here all day venting about it. I wish women would quick being bitter and just accept that they are just as much to blame for divorce as a man is. Get over yourself and put your children first!