You are here

no land line for children

becky lynn's picture
Forums: 

listen to this , if exh has no land line for the 2 children and all they have access to is exh cell phone if he is home with children . bio mom has no land line either but bought and pays for cell phones for each of the 2 children and asked exh to pay for 1 of the lines and he refused. bio mom then tells exh that he must call bio moms cell to reach the children .and that when exh calls the children's cell phones that his calls are blocked to the children,however the children may call him when ever they wish. exh now says that bio mom is in contempt of court. now how would this be contempt ? Bio mom pays for the PRIVILEGE to reach her children at any time. and exh does not want to pay for this privilege.
:jawdrop:

stepgin's picture

I wouldn't consider it a "priviledge" to call my own children. And i would be very upset if my ex made contacting them as difficult as possible. Sounds to me that the BM is being a total control freak b**ch by making these demands that the father call her phone and has blocked his number on the kids phones. Why would that be acceptable??? I think a mother that contemptable SHOULD be help in contempt. Sad that she can't put her kids needs first. And he's probably saying that becasue if violates the CO.

herewegoagain's picture

I couldn't agree more...just like the idiot BM we deal with. At the end, she has hurt her kid more than anyone else. Pathetic parents.

PS - this is the type of loser BM who claims to be innocent and yet makes everything much more difficult than it has to be in order to MAKE her ex do what SHE wants him to do...then when the dad gets fed up, he's the ahole for disappearing and giving up on her crap!

TryingSoHard's picture

BM2 will only allow DH to talk to his kids on her cell phone... and she puts him on speaker phone. It's really annoying.

The worst part is when the kids (3 and 5) are trying to tell SO something, BM gets on the phone to "interpret". I believe she really thinks he's calling to talk to her.

becky lynn's picture

if neither parent has a land line then they must resort to the parents cell phone to be in contact with the children. so this means if the children had no cell phones the parents must contact each other to talk to children. the bm has now gave herself the privilege to contact her children at anytime and has asked for help so both parents could have contact with the children at anytime.
no child support is awarded to either parent they must split the childrens cost.

so i see this as the bm is paying for this privilege if the exh wants this privilege he must help pay his part.

Crazy_in_Ohio's picture

I echo echo - It's not a privilege to be in contact with your children. Most courts consider that a right.

In my SO's case,he's specifically required to pay for cell phones for his kids so that he can get a hold of them. She whinged about how often he called them on her cell phone and how it "wasted her minutes", so she got it written in their decree that he has to provide them with means of communication directly to him.

BM is not necessarily allowed to contact them on these phones and she's supposed to call him if she wants to talk to them during his time. He's also not required to let them use the phones for anything else and she's not allowed to take them away as punishment. He's caught her a few times using them for herself when they kids were in school and he's got a record of all the calls they make from their phones (and he's called a few of them...they most certainly were not his kids calls!!). When his bill creeped high a few times, sure enough it was BM making calls because she wasn't paying her own cell phone bill. The court did reprimand her for that when she took him back to court a few times and failed on all counts to prove a darn thing, they told her next time she'd have to pay him for all minutes she used.

When he told me this was in his divorce decree I thought that it was crazy, but now that I've seen how nutty nut nuts she is, it's in his best interest.

It's crazy that people have to this petty, but it happens. I don't see why Dad can't contact the kids on their cell phones, but I guess they're both playing some petty games and it wasn't spelled out for them in their documents. Sad

becky lynn's picture

His right is to call bm cell phone to contact his kids that right is not taken away. his privilege is to call the childrens cell phone. if childrens cell phones did not exist he would be in the same boat as to call bm cell phone and that goes for bm to call exh cell phone to be incontact with children. so to me this is a privilege that the children have their own phone that comes with a payment monthly ,if that cost would be split both parents can have this privilege