You are here

Insurance question

defeatedsm's picture
Forums: 

We have provided insurance for the skids for the past 10 years, but BM won't use it and lies to get Medicaid to pay for everything. So the State sends us a letter every year saying we are non-compliant and we need to send proof of medical insurance. What do we do with this? BTW she is about to take us to court for CS increase, since she is on govt. asst. again

Lauren1438's picture

document everything. Get records of your insurance for the past 10 years and every dime that you have given her and spent on the kids. your best weapon is to document. Texts, emails, notes sent home in a school back pack from the teacher, everything and anything. Trust me it helps. if you can prove that you have had them on insurance then she could get in trouble, if you are paying her more then you have to stop right after the court decision. Pay what is required and when. Also lay everything that you pay part of, sports, medical bills, clothes, lay it out in a spread sheet with dates.

Anywho78's picture

If the State is sending your DH letters stating that he is "non-compliant", send the proof of the SKids being insured. Just because BM wants to enjoy living off of the State does not mean that your DH needs to be penalized.

Lauren is right, document EVERYTHING & go by the CO to the T.

cryingmama's picture

Do you have copies of the cards with their names on them? I think your insurance should have a record of it. Dont worry to much if you are providing it and she isnt using it she will be screwed not you. If she is on government assistance it is probibly the state taking you to court not her. That might be tougher because they dont want to pay for your dh's kids. I think there is a certian percentage of income they can go up to but i dont know how much dh makes. good luck

defeatedsm's picture

we are screwed, I can't even supplement our income because we have 3 kids under 3. If they take enough, we are going to be on food stamps. What if she is just lying or refusing to work?

defeatedsm's picture

DH has an email from her saying that she doesn't like that his insurance has co-pays and that she'll just go on medicaid instead. We don't really get to see them or spend money on them because BM ran away out of state with them and PASd them. I don't get why BM is such a fail. She has a BS degree and cs from 2 men and a free house from her most recent divorce and she still ends up homeless.

alwaysanxious's picture

If it were me, I'd send that email and copies of proof that you all provide health insurance to the medicaid office.

defeatedsm's picture

That's what I want to do, but if she goes to jail then the skids and grand-skid might end up here.