You are here

How long did your custody case take?

sugacake's picture
Forums: 

We filed in July, had three hearings total so far, the first temporary custody hearing, second because BM tried to get the case dismissed and moved to her state, third another temporary custody hearing. We just got word from the attorney that pre-trial is set for December. How long did yours take? Also, how long after pre-trial was your final trial set?

Rags's picture

From start to finish about 10mos and it cost us $10K. My wife had sued the Sperm Idiot for paternity and won sole physical and legal custody of my SS and a paltry $110/mo in CS. About mos after she was first awarded sole legal and physical custody and before my bride and I married the Sperm Clan filed for custody then kept delaying the hearing when my single teen mom starving college student then GF would fly in for the hearing. They were trying to intimidate her in to giving up custody and to cost her more money than she had. She took out supplemental school loans, got a lawyer and fought them every step of the way.

When we married the financial hammer was definitely in our court and we beat the shit out of them with it any time they slithered out from under their slime covered rock for the next 16+ years. Over the 17+ years of the CO including the revision that was ordered during the Sperm Clan's custody attempt our financial advantage just kept growing and their depravity and idiot decisions just kept costing them more and more. The Sperm Idiot went on to spawn 3 more also out of wedlock spawn by two more baby mamas. My bride went on to a dual major BS with honors, an MBA with honors, and to a successful career as a CPA. I also completed and MBA and we made damned sure to rub the Sperm Clans' noses in their idiocy any time they crawled out of the shallow and polluted end of my Skids' gene pool.

Even after the judge reconfirmed my bride as the sole legal and physical CP and the Sperm Idiot as NCP with a CS obligation and limited visitation we still had to rub the Sperm Clan's nose in their toxic mess when they got stupid and decided it was time to once again be a PITA.

Good luck.