You are here

Child Support Termination Letter

GreenEyez's picture
Forums: 

Hi everyone,

Anyone ever receive a letter from the Child Support saying that the local agency terminated child support services and closed the case? This is strange as BM has been ordered to pay. DH is the custodial parent however they are currently with BM on her visitation time.

GreenEyez's picture

Also included in the letter: "Case closure only means that the local child support agency will stop providing collection services".

What we found strange was that in the letter it shows BM as "Custodial Parent" and DH as "Non-Custodial Parent"

justmakingthebest's picture

Yeah, something got crossed.

You need to fax in your current court order with a letter stating that your DH is custodial, not BM. That you want services to continue.Attach a copy of that letter as well.

Also, have DH get on the phone Monday to make sure you speak with someone- or if possible go in to the nearest CSE office.

SteppedOut's picture

Sounds like BM is trying to pull a fast one with CS and perhaps going for a custody change. Stand by for a child support order coming TO your husband!

GreenEyez's picture

I had a feeling that was happening. She tried to pull a quick one on us with an emergency ex parte because she all of a sudden feels like the children should stay with her for "therapy" (which ended up being denied - there's a post on here about. lol), meanwhile she's quite manipulative and neglectful. We will definitely give them a call then. Unfortunately we cannot go there as we do not live in the same country as where the CS case was opened. I love how the Child Support Agency just cancels/changes things without even verifying anything...the CSO was done in June of this year too

Rags's picture

Jump on this quick and hard.  NOW!  I would forecast that BM played games and has no intention of returning the SKids to their father's custody.

GreenEyez's picture

My thoughts exactly.  The attorney is already aware. Were calling to sort everything out on Monday as the CS offices are closed today.

GreenEyez's picture

Everything has technically been settled already. DH already won child support and full physical custody of the children. However that's a good question. I'd like to do more research cause I'm not sure.

tog redux's picture

I believe once kids live in a certain area for a certain amount of time, the oversight of their CO can be changed to that area.  Countries outside of the US and Canada are much more Parental Alienation aware so it might be good to see if it can be changed, as they might be less likely to entertain BM's behavior and see it for what it is.

GreenEyez's picture

Agreed. Definitely will let DH know so he can inquire. Doing that can also hopefully prevent BM from putting in bogus claims to the court since she'll have to come here/hire an attorney here to do it.

Rags's picture

This was the case for us.  Once SS had lived in our State/County of residence for 6mos we could have transferred the CO to our County.  That would have given us the ability to raise CS by more than 700% but would have also nearly doubled visitation.

We chose to not do it but to keep it as leverage.  We never invoked that option but they knew that we could at any time and that helped when we needed to re-align them into compliance with the CO.

GreenEyez's picture

So DH called the CS office. Turns out the letter was regarding the child support case that they had years ago when they first seperated/divorced (which has been closed since at least 2017 lol talk about late, but I guess the new one alerted that that one was still opened). The most recent one is a new case and is still in full effect. 

Rags's picture

Good to hear that it isn't anything pressing.

The performance of vaunted Gov't services and agencies never ceases to be mind boggling to me.

If any of us failed to comply with the CSE and Courts demands we would be held accountable.  Sadly we can't do the same with the people and organizations that our taxes pay to serve us.