You are here

"Your facial expression says it all"! Oops!

Annoyed1's picture

DH and I are driving along. I am applying for a job about an hour away from here and we were day dreaming on what life would be like if I got the job. DH says "then I can get a job on the rigs" (right now, he's going for full custody and I told him that he can NOT get a job that is away from home because I am NOT going to have him get custody just so he can work away from home)! If I got this job, it's in the same area that DH wants to work... anyways, he then goes on to say "life would be great! I could work where I want, you'd have your dream job and I'd have my kids". He just HAD to add the kids part! lol! I guess I had a "look" when he mentioned his kids and he looked at me and said, "wow, your facial expression says it all". I asked him what he was talking about and he said "as soon as I mention my kids, everytime, you get that same look". It's not that I don't like them, I do, but we're day dreaming!!!! In my day dreams the skids don't exist (one can dream)! He got all pissy and changed the subject. Blum 3

Anne Boleyn's picture

So in his dream world everyone is skipping through the imaginary fields of happiness after he worked hard and left you to raise his kids. Nice one.

Annoyed1's picture

Basically!! lol! But I've made it crystal clear that that won't happen! He can dream all he wants though (cause I sure as hell do }:) )

Annoyed1's picture

Lol!!! I feel bad about my facial expression, but I honestly didn't even know I was making one! My DH's going for full custody for reasons that I support though (otherwise, I'd just as well have them stay with their mom) as BM is making very bad choices that are affecting SS's. I think I would HATE 50/50 custody more than full custody though. Gives them enough time away to "forget" rules and how to act and pick up their bad habits off BM. I can't imagine having to re"train" them every other week!