You are here

Why can't you love my kids???

JustPeachy22's picture

Dear FDH,
I know you think skids are perfect angels right now because they are 8 and 4 and you and BM expect everyone else in the world to love them as much as you do and think they are as perfect. I'm here to tell you that in the next few years, that will change. I'm trying to be patient because I know the day is coming when the light bulb will go off and you will stop accusing me, teachers, and others of just being mean and hating your kids. FSD's sassy diva attitude you pass off as cute personality is going to be HELL ON WHEELS when combined with adolesence.

reluctantgma's picture

"I'm trying to be patient because I know the day is coming when the light bulb will go off and you will stop accusing me, teachers, and others of just being mean and hating your kids."

Does that really happen? I'm still waiting (not so patiently) after 2.5 years...

JustPeachy22's picture

Oh no the 8 yr old and to make matters worse, BM and all the women on BM's side have the same sassy diva attitude so its freaking genetic!!!!!

Auteur's picture

This is all part of the guilty daddy mantra. . .

"you just hate my children"

It's a big excuse to keep from looking reality in the eye.

Eight years and counting here.

All three of GG's kids were raised on the instant gratification/pacification free range model.

All three are failing in school and comments from the teachers include: "When VD doesn't feel like doing something she doesn't"

No shit sherlock! That's where a parent is supposed to come in and say "do it or else." Of course precious coddled, pitied C.O.D.s never hear this.

It's the "soft bigotry" of lowered expectations. A great disservice to all.

hbell0428's picture

I think it takes a very long time.......No, I know it does. It's easy for other's to see what's really going on. It took 2 full years of SD living with us full time for DH to see what his princess is really all about. It hit him hard and was very hard to swallow. He still gives in sometimes just because I think he is truely sad at what she became. And I will say the happiest time in my life is when he said........"I guess I should have listened to you; you were right all along and know I see the points you were trying to make." well, too bad so sad - a little too late.....at least I was able to get her on the shot before I was raising her kid too.