You are here

FMIL strikes again. EOW would be so much easier if FSD and FMIL were not in the same room at same time

JustPeachy22's picture

Sometimes I think I could handle this smom gig alot better EOW if I didn't have to be in the same room with FMIL and FSD at the same time. FSD turns in to a whiney baby as soon as grandma walks into the room. I generally like FMIL but we disagree on one thing: That FDS10 is in fact, not the center of the universe and does have to follow the same rules as FSS5 and BS13. We don't let kids in the kitchen when I am cooking..period. Yesterday FMIL was standing in the kitchen while I was finishing up making lunch and FSD of course had to come in and hang like a monkey all over FMIL. FDH told her to get out of the kitchen. This caused a fight between FDH and FMIL to which she ended up telling him " you know she is my heart", she is my special girl. I kept my mouth shut mainly because my elderly father and BS were there and I wanted to enjoy a nice day with them. Later on FMIL came up to me with the usual sob story: FSD says that her mom never spends time with her". (I guess she always tells me this so that I will immediatly drop all I'm doing to go paint precious's toenails and spend the rest of the day having fake mommy daughter time). The problem is this: FSD is well taken care of by BM and Step father. They are working parents with 2 kids and they do the best they can. FSD can't get enought attention no matter how much you give her. Nobody could ever fill the shoes FMIl wants me to. I gently rememinded her that children of divorce often pit one set of parents against the other and that I'm sure BM does her best. That shut FMIL up.I think at some point I am going to sit down with her and tell her " Look, I know FSD is your heart, I understand that you want the best for her. But, you need to understand that I am not her mother and have no desire to be. When she is here, she will follow the rules just like the rest of the kids. If you have issues with her mom not spending time with her, then you need to take it up with BM and not me. I promise to help your son with skids when they are here EOW but I will not give up my weekend or time with my own son to cater to FSD."