You are here

Why can't we be civil?

tiredoftrying's picture

Why can't we be civil? I didnt steal him form her,they were long divorced and she remarried before I ever came into the picture. No I don't expect she and I to be best friends but a simple drop off and pick up should not be that hard.If you don't like me that's fine but keep your rude comment and snide behavior to your self.At the end of the day it's about the kids feeling secure in both homes and okay with loving both sides.I will however not take him any longer because as sad as it is responses to an earlier venting were very true.She just does things that are so irrational. Just this past week she randomly decided to pick up SS at our home and didnt bother to call my fianc'e first (he was at work). So not only am I placed in an awkard position I can't say no you can't have your son, but her mother is with her. Her mother tells me she heard we finally set a date and hopes they will be invited to the wedding infront of my SS and his exwife says that would be the godly thing to do! I stand there shocked because why did the both of you feel the need to come to the doorstep.I don't know if they expected to come in but I told them he would be out in just a second and closed the door. Later on fiance got into a big fight and she says well maybe if she would have invited me in I wouldn't have taken him. What sense does that make? Sometimes I really wish i wont even say what i wish some times

SASX's picture

Follow your CO. If she shows up and it is not her time to have the child, do not answer the door. She does not get the child early just because she wants the child early. She gets to wait for her time just like your fiance gets to wait for it to be his time.

Never, ever open the door if you are alone. Your fiance needs to deal with the aftermath of his prior relationship, not you. Let me phrase this another way/ put a different slant on it. What if she had taken the child, driven away and called the cops saying you threatened her? And her mother "witnessed" this threat?

Two against one. Does not matter that they are lying. The police would have no choice but to believe her.

herewegoagain's picture

response:

Oh, wow! Can you tell God to also invite me to HIS wedding? I mean, since you stated that it would be the "Godly" thing to do, I figured he was getting married and you knew him...cause I'm not God. :sick:

asheeha's picture

i ask myself the same question. it doesn't change the fact that she will never be civil towards me no matter how nice and inviting i am.

she is a ridiculous and pathetic person. try very hard to not expect more out of her.

i expect bm to keep breathing and being a miserable hateful back-stabbing human being. and there is NOTHING i can do about it.

it's highly liberating.

ignore her. she invited herself to the wedding? sorry bm you're NOT invited. i'll take it up with God when I see him. thanks!

fruststepmama's picture

She just wants attention. So, ignore her. It will be so annoying to her, it's like getting revenge. Then smile and show how happy you are. You succeeded where she failed. More revenge.

calicokat's picture

I purposely invited the BM to my wedding to make her feel uncomfortable. Of course, she didn't go...hehehe.