You are here

Who keeps resurrecting old a** threads? LOL

bananaseedo's picture

Why are these old threads from 2, 5, 10 years ago being re-opened?  Do people go that back in the forums purposely?   Then a bunch of people will see it as new and start commenting.  Just stop it.  

tog redux's picture

I was wondering the same thing. There is one now from 2010! If the topic is interesting, start a new thread on it. 

IDontCare3117's picture

It would be nice if old threads could be locked after being dormant for a certain amount to prevent their resurrection.  

Aniki-Moderator's picture

My guess is that it's either a new user searching for key words or someone clicks or a "More Like This" link on the right of a post and it's an old a** thread. 

I also wish the threads had some sort of lockdown. Especially since there are users whose accounts are still active, but they have not posted/commented for YEARS.

Stepdrama2020's picture

It took me a while to figure out they were old threads. I did not check the date. So yea maybe a lockdown of some sorts. But goes to show no matter what year whether it be ten years ago its still the same shit.

Rags's picture

Pardon

I bit on an old one.  Usually I check the date on the original post, but........ sometimes I clck before I look.

Sorry about that.

bananaseedo's picture

Ah that makes sense about the 'more like this'-didn't think of that.  Yes, it would be nice if they just get locked down after a certain amount of time.  Rags, I think it's happened to most of us at some point but it's odd when you see activity over a week or so of old stuff popping up lol

CLove's picture

To put this at the topm because there are soooooooo many old posts at the top right now!